Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    in their defence in the credits they always mention it's 'based' on JK rowling's books and not a copy. why do you think we never see peeves the poltergeist?

ReputationRep:
    Purely in the interests of curiosity, I have replaced the word "wand" with "****" in a couple of the harry potter Books

Let's see the results...

"Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked harry.
    "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me **** in half an' everything

A magic ****... this was what harry had been really looking forward t [...]

Reveal the rest of this joke
    Purely in the interests of curiosity, I have replaced the word "wand" with "****" in a couple of the Harry Potter Books

Let's see the results...

"Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
    "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me **** in half an' everything

A magic ****... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

"Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first ****. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice **** for charm work."
    "Your father, on the other hand, favoured a mahogany ****. Eleven inches. "

Harry took the ****. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the **** above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's ****, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's **** had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

He bent down and pulled his **** out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his ****, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his **** at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

"Yes," Harry said, gripping his **** very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?

Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his ****

Then, with a sigh, he raised his **** and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised ****.

ReputationRep:
    Watched it today. Loved most of it probably cause of Alan rickman, but I wish it was more intense during the important bits like Voldemorts death and voldemort/harry duel. Half of it was comical and the idiots in the audience didn't miss a chance to make random comments on those scenes. I'm just sad it's all over :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I watched the first one and some of the fifth randomly and couldn't take it. For me personally it does the books no justice at all.

ReputationRep:
    Alan Rickman 100% deserves and really really should get an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor.

ReputationRep:

Just begging to be animated.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Rickman needs an Oscar nomination. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    it was just incredible! went to watch it today and it lived up to and exceeded my high expectations! by far my favourite of them all! but I'm so so sad it's all over
    agree with the post above, alan rickman gave an oustanding performance in it...definitely oscar worthy!
    overall I loved it. only criticism is the 3D. I also found it a little dark throughout, but the effects were amazing, though the 3D wasn't really necessary

ReputationRep:
    I loved Snape's chapter so much in the books that I was disappointed by the film's version. They missed some of the most critical memories, the memories jumped around in a way that was not appealing, it didn't serve to build up Snape's love for Lily very well, I thought. They should have made it more into a story and better explained how Snape betrayed Voldemort when he killed Lily and spent more time showing the growth of Lily and Snape's relationship. That said, Alan Rickman still managed to do a fantastic job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK1)
    I've not watched the film but I've heard that Neville says he loves Luna and always has in a battle scene. Now if this is true it'll be very annoying it simply wasn't in the books.

Um, he BIG FAT says he loves Luna. I almost missed it, but it's during the first part of the battle and he mumbles it to Harry as he skives off. He says something along the lines that he loves Luna and he wants to tell her because they might be dead by dawn.

I am NOT happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing, such a good film. All of the Gringotts stuff was really good, not much to complain about there at all! They really did save the best until last thought with the battle. I like how this film simply wasn't event after event. Especially towards the end you could feel a number of different story threads all running parallel. You had the battle, harry trying to find the diadem and Hermione and Ron in the chamber all happening simultaneously until the the very climactic end when Harry has to die and then 'comes back from the dead' for his final showdown with Voldemort. I loved the whole battle of hogwarts, the producers and director really did it justice. A few disappointing points were really only the deaths of Bellatrix and Voldemort, both were good and satisfactory but they were both a bit of an anti-climax.

Really powerful moments for me had to be Snape's death and memory scenes, they were done really well. Also I liked the whole chaos of the Battle, students running everywhere etc. A bit that really shocked me was the death of lavender brown too, also very saddening when Prof Trelawney covers up her body in the great hall, acknowledging her death. The deaths of Fred, Tonks and Lupin were good I thought, all quite moving. Also it's just all the little bits which make these films so good, you had the bit where Voldemort killed Pius Thickenese for interrupting him, makes it so much more dramatic. I Will certainly be going to see this film again, I refuse to believe this is the end. Taking inspiration from Neville, just because the series is over doesn't mean anything. Things end everyday. Harry Potter will live on within us forever, inside our hearts.

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" - J K Rowling

Thank you Harry Potter for bringing so much happiness to my childhood
    Thank you J K Rowling for writing these incredible stories.

ReputationRep:
    Why did voldermort look like peely paint when he died? That ruined the whole ending for me!

The film was great and then.... Oh yead he's dead, let's go stand in a sunset *queue nice music and silly 19 years later scene*. No intensity at all in that film, I thought it was poor. Not enough Snape,Voldermort or general evil characters saying evil speaches.

ReputationRep:
    One thing i didnt like is how Voldemort died, i mean it was like "poof" hes gone, i was hoping for some last words from him, or showing a bit of a human side whislt dieing or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    Spoilerssss!

wait, I clicked on it
    This shouldn't spoil anything for you! People can't complain that this ruined the story for them, because people should read the books before seeing the film. They are soooooo much better in every way!

ReputationRep:
    The Harry Potter film was good but... the books are better

You know it to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tvdx)
    The Harry Potter film was good but... the books are better

You know it to be true.
    Well, yeah. Is anyone saying the films are better than the books?

Rickman was the star of the film for me. And Voldemort made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Well, yeah. Is anyone saying the films are better than the books?

Rickman was the star of the film for me. And Voldemort made me laugh.
    Just sayin'. To be fair I've not seen either of the Deathly Hallows films, I found that watching the films sort of ruined the books for me.
    The best bit is where Ron says "I have an erection".

ReputationRep:
    Need to stop reading this thread, so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    Film was good compared to the other films, but still a bit of a let down compared to the books.

Does anyone want to explain to me how Harry was able to use shield charms to block Voldemort's killing curses when they were duelling? I think it was before they tumbled off the bridge, I'm not too sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.