Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do teachers do with/say about computers/technology that gets on your nerves? watch

ReputationRep:
    Saying scroll up instead of down.

Saying upload instead of download and vice versa.

Watching a film and not putting it full screen.

Come on, add to the list people!!

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't get on my nerves. Their ignorance and lack of technological mastery can be quite amusing at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    It doesn't get on my nerves. Their ignorance and lack of technological mastery can be quite amusing at times.
    good point, can you think of any more to add to the list?

ReputationRep:
    Slow typing, Infact anyone typing slowly when I'm waiting.

ReputationRep:
    how none of them have any basic knowlege of which wires go in which holes. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Too many things to list, I hope I don't turn out like them when I get to that age...I'm gonna stay cool :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza_00)
    good point, can you think of any more to add to the list?
    There's an interactive whiteboard in one of the science rooms, and our teacher has trouble getting it to work sometimes.

"Have you switched it on at the mains?" we ask.

Twenty seconds later, and it's working fine.

Our French teacher has trouble playing films on the computer. We suggest she uses the television and DVD player instead...

ReputationRep:
    It might not be relevant but my science teacher forgot to freeze the white board and typed in google - Young hot Virgins ...

I **** you not

He got sacked ... and we laughed at him

GCSES - good times =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    It might not be relevant but my science teacher forgot to freeze the white board and typed in google - Young hot Virgins ...

I **** you not

He got sacked ... and we laughed at him

GCSES - good times =)
    wow!

ReputationRep:
    One thing that REALLY bugged me when I was at school, and they projected their computer screen onto the whiteboard -- leaving the mouse arrow in the middle of the screen!! Just....move it to the side!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Too many things to list, I hope I don't turn out like them when I get to that age...I'm gonna stay cool :yep:
    Everyone says that. I said that. Now I have students telling me which buttons to press.....:rolleyes:

In our defence, most people with full time jobs and families don't spend a lot of time on the computer. Also sometimes with an 'audience' and under pressure to get so many things done at once it is easy to make a fool of yourself. I've found that everyone makes a great 'armchair' critic. It is amazing how much I know about football when watching a match -for the first time ever!

But thanks for the list, I've a made a note. Now for a thread about what students do in their work that really bugs me.....Not writing their name on, then remembering just as I'm taking it off them. Oh the process of finding and choosing the right pen, then the careful positioning of the paper at the right angle and, oh, mustn't forget the cute curls on the downward strokes and the cute heart instead of a dot on the i. OMG!! Much eye rolling.....

ReputationRep:
    When they totally failed to use the DVD player and needed one of the students to come and do it for them.

Seriously, it's simple - plug in, connect to TV, turn on, find right channel, insert DVD, press play. In fact, most of the time they couldn't manage to turn it on and put the DVD in, even when it was already connected up. Seriously?

It was usually the middle-aged female teachers. Come on, ladies!

ReputationRep:
    When they use the arrow on the side of the page to scroll down and it takes ****** ages, even though they have a mouse that has a scroll button thing.

And also when printing off a website they refer to it as downloading

ReputationRep:
    Aww this thread isn't very nice. As much as I hated my teachers when I was a young lass, you can't **** them off for getting confused with technology. At least they know how to read, write and spell; it seems a lot of kids struggle today with this.

ReputationRep:
    They might not be great at modern technology, but I bet they could paper a room, change a tap, put up shelves and fix their cars better than most of our generation.

ReputationRep:
    You know when you play a movie in fullscreen and you mouse over the controls, they appear. I hate it when they leave the pointer on the play button so it doesn't disappear and they play the whole movie with the bloody controls on the screen, and sometimes the alt tag will come on saying 'click to rewind' or something if the pointer is hovering over a button.

ReputationRep:
    When they use laptop's track pad....taked ageeeeeeeeees to do anything!!

ReputationRep:
    When they use a laptop and they don't know the touch pad also controls the mouse. It's when the mouse moves and they shout 'I'm not doing anything, It's doing it itself'. It's hilarious :P

ReputationRep:
    When after 5 minutes of problem solving they decide the speakers have broken when the computer is just set to mute.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.