This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Why?
if u want to stay alive then i agree with fish.......

but, if u like living on the edge lol, then........
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why?
As bono implied, you risk getting shot =P
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
As bono implied, you risk getting shot =P
Surely nothing I can't handle, being a stone's throw from Hackney...
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Avoid Oldham 2 , but they got a pool club 10 mins train journey from Manchester called Riley's
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh yeah Riley's there's one in London, so many snooker tables! I'm a 9-ball man so it's good to know I can do that too.
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Helps if your Asian in Oldham
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kyrotec)
Helps if your Asian in Oldham
Ding! I'm brown! But I'm as Cockney as anything oops...
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some might say Moss Side is an "up and coming" area! I technically live in moss side although yes it is very very dodgy in some places at night and I wouldnt wander the streets.

IIRC there is a snooker hall in Longsight which isn't far out. never been though and that is also an area you don't want to walk at night...

Hold on, im supposed to be promoting this place!!

Yay! Go Manchester!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lbar)
Some might say Moss Side is an "up and coming" area! I technically live in moss side although yes it is very very dodgy in some places at night and I wouldnt wander the streets.

IIRC there is a snooker hall in Longsight which isn't far out. never been though and that is also an area you don't want to walk at night...

Yay! Go Manchester!
I used to live in Hulme, it's been 'up and coming' for 15 years now =P Although house prices there have increased far beyond the price of my current house in North Manc. now. Weird.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A mate of mine is planning to get a car if he goes there. He's apparently earnt enough money (don't ask me how, I reckon he chats crap as to the origins of his money) to cover his uni costs so can apparently afford a car. Is he just being a stuck-up twat or is it worth him getting a car? I mean, is public transport and walking enough to get where you want or would a car be useful?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A mate of mine is planning to get a car if he goes there. He's apparently earnt enough money (don't ask me how, I reckon he chats crap as to the origins of his money) to cover his uni costs so can apparently afford a car. Is he just being a stuck-up twat or is it worth him getting a car? I mean, is public transport and walking enough to get where you want or would a car be useful?
a car is so much more convenient.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Trying to drive around Manchester is the stupidest idea ever. You don't need to, you wouldn't *want* to, and you just plain can't in most of it. It'll cost him a fortune to keep it anywhere near him. Hah on him.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lbar)

Yay! Go Manchester!
my stepdad goes to manchester like 3-4 times a week for business.

he says that moss-side has a renowned reputation for being the worst area in manchester, which believe me is saying something.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Trying to drive around Manchester is the stupidest idea ever. You don't need to, you wouldn't *want* to, and you just plain can't in most of it. It'll cost him a fortune to keep it anywhere near him. Hah on him.
"You don't need to", oh good.
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oxford road is one of the busiest,if not the busiest bus routes in europe. Your never waiting more than 90 seconds for one. Cars are completely pointless if your at uni in Manchester. Suffice to say I will be selling my baby when I start in September

Moss Sides reputation comes from it's days when the Manchester Mafia were based there. Those days are (mostly) gone but it's still a very run down and poor area. Much like Hulme Fishpaste!
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well there is loads to do in Manchester. Oh, all those shops. Even if you don't like shopping you can wonder round for ages, and see new things without going in any shops.
Yeah, the only really rough places are in Moss-side otherwise Manchester isn't too bad really, and no worse than any other city.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well there is loads to do in Manchester. Oh, all those shops. Even if you don't like shopping you can wonder round for ages, and see new things without going in any shops.
Yeah, the only really rough places are in Moss-side otherwise Manchester isn't too bad really, and no worse than any other city.
Wondering round, eh. We tried that in our own city and got bored because we had no girls with us and we aren't into shopping.

Yeah well, we might have plans for some great fun to do there.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Wondering round, eh. We tried that in our own city and got bored because we had no girls with us and we aren't into shopping.

Yeah well, we might have plans for some great fun to do there.
Like what?
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Like what?
well.. the ideas batted around earlier at school involved araldite, duck tape and a chair...
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Like what?
I dunno.

I meant, my friends might have plans. As a result of... behind-my-back consulation with... people.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads