This discussion is closed.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I dunno.

I meant, my friends might have plans. As a result of... behind-my-back consulation with... people.
lol dont worry fish!
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I dunno.

I meant, my friends might have plans. As a result of... behind-my-back consulation with... people.
I see, sounds fun.
nwoluk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
your damn right its gonna be fun..

cheers all you guys; now i know that there really is life outside Birmingham and its not all an urban Legend.
quite frankly it scares me a bit.

so yeah, thanks.. i'm always listening for good new ideas..

anyone know anywhere near the station that sells some good stong Duct Tape and / or araldite? most useful...

oh and thefish_uk; dont mind us consulting people behind you back.. its those you least expect... be warned..
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I read a report that house prices in the Chorlton and Didsbury areas of Manchester the house prices are now above that off trradional afluent areas down south. The average house price in Didsbury is now £200k and Chorlton is getting very close to that mark. I think its because these areas have good transport, schools, bars and still near the city centre. (especialy chorlton only 20 mins on the bus, 10 mins at night).

Some parts of Stockport (Bramhall. Cheadle. Gately, Marple etc) and South Trafford are also very expensive too.

If Manchester was such a bad place to live then people wouldn't pay £250k for a 3 bed terrace. (thats how much they cost in Didsbury village or Chorlton Green now).

I like Manchester because it has the best of two worlds, the city centre 20 mins away and where I live (Chorlton) is just 10 minutes walk from the Mersey Valley countryside.

Moss Side is rough but its not the worst part of Manchester but there are a lot of poor people living in the area.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nwoluk)
anyone know anywhere near the station that sells some good stong Duct Tape and / or araldite? most useful...
no, but...
http://www.ducktapeclub.com/

gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nwoluk)
WHSmith?

Hmm, why would you need duct tape, I wonder?
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My boyfriend is at uni in manchester and i go up every week and its the best city ive ever been to! Fair enough there are some bad parts but every city has its rough areas, ok so not every citys rough area is full of gangs with guns but just avoid the dodgy places. everything else about manchester is great, the shops wow!! and ive had the best nights out of my life up there, theres something for everyone.
although i do live in derby which is crappy!
whats wrong with leeds whoever said it? is it boring? i hope not cos i want to go to uni there!! i might post a thread asking about leeds!!
nwoluk
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
and lo i return to an earlier scene of crime.. i still aint gone to manchester yet.. any ideas of any bits of the country a lowly yorkshire lad like me could invade? you know.. just for the hell of it..
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you like pretty girls and Vodka???

Tiger Tiger... near the printworks, on a Monday is awesome!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads