Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This situation is hurting so much! watch

Announcements

Please help me. I do not know what to make of this at all. So I'm falling for this boy at uni. I have know him for over a year now and we have always been flirty. The story is really long I don't know where to start but I will try keep it short. He has a girlfriend, but he acts like he eaither doesn't or doesn't want to be with her. He flirst with me and gives me signs much. We went out few nights ago, he came over to me with a drink and gave me a hug. He then said to me, 'you look beautiful and I'm so upset that I can't get with you." So I said that's your fault not mine. Then he said ' I know (pulled a sad face) but make sure you cme over for cuddles all the time.' He then kissed me....then walked of. We text and talk all the time. He texts me things like, when can I come over for a cuddle and I'll have to try my best not to try anything.' And few nights ago he text me saying he wished he could sleep with me. I know by this pont it might sound like he just wants sex but I really believe this not to be the case by the way he is around me and the other things he says like how happy I look how pretty he thinks I am and things like that. The trouble is I can feel myself falling for him,, every time I think about him I get a funny feeling in my belly and I really want to be with him. I know he has a girlfrend..but why would he be like this with me? All my friends have seen the way he is and they all thinkhe likes me. But its killing me so much that I can't be with him. I guess what I'm asking really is..does it sound like he likes me? I don't know really just wanted to get it all out.

Thank you if you read this far.

ReputationRep:
    So this guy doesn't want sex. He wants hugs and a female shoulder to lean on.

You need to be there for him, and if something 'happens' by accident, blame yourself.

If you love him your first priority is not to damage his relationship with his girlfriend, because it will hurt him if she found out about you two.

ReputationRep:
    I just posted a similar response on another thread but, you need to know where you stand really. There's no point in falling for him if he's got a girlfriend it's better to know now than a few months down the line when you're going to like him even more.

I think he's being a bit unfair on you to be honest. He shouldn't act like that around you if nothings going to come of it! Plus it's really unfair on his girlfriend too

ReputationRep:
    He has a gf, if he wants to be with you he could be your bf right now. But he loves his gf, and thats why he is still with her. You're only going to get hurt if you let this flirting carry on. But then would you want to be with a guy who leaves his gf for another girl?

You deserve better.. and you may have developed some feelings for him, and it will only get deeper if youre constantly in contact with him So distant yourself, and give yourself a chance to meet a better single guy.

If he really liked you.. then he wouldnt tell you he wants to sleep with you :rolleyes:, he'd make you his gf/ break up with his gf.

ReputationRep:
    Can I have a cuddle OP? It seems I have no balls either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ' And few nights ago he text me saying he wished he could sleep with me. I know by this pont it might sound like he just wants sex but I really believe this not to be the case by the way he is around me and the other things he says like how happy I look how pretty he thinks I am and things like that.

Thank you if you read this far.
    And thats because he knows that if he didnt get to know you first/ spend time with you, but instead text you saying he'd like to sleep with you'... you'd obviously run a mile.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.