Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for internships in THIRD YEAR of university?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any companies that take recent graduates as interns as well as those applying in their second year at university? i was unable to do an internship this summer as had research for my degree and dont want to commit to a graduate program (not that id get one without any experience) without having tried a short term placement to see if i would enjoy the work.

any help would be appreciated. i'm specifically looking for paying internships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_O'Hara)
    Does anyone know of any companies that take recent graduates as interns as well as those applying in their second year at university? i was unable to do an internship this summer as had research for my degree and dont want to commit to a graduate program (not that id get one without any experience) without having tried a short term placement to see if i would enjoy the work.

any help would be appreciated. i'm specifically looking for paying internships.
    If memory serves me right, P&G and BNP Paribas offer internships to graduates. You might want to be more specific as to which sector you want to get into as there are loads of internships across all industries available.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah certainly, just call up the BB's directly and ask if they'll consider you then they'll know who you are.

Its not uncommon for people to do internships in their final year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seel)
    If memory serves me right, P&G and BNP Paribas offer internships to graduates. You might want to be more specific as to which sector you want to get into as there are loads of internships across all industries available.
    when did Proctor & Gamble enter the banking industry?

anyway, most banks do. esp. the continental ones.

ReputationRep:
    At what point in my post did I say P&G is in banking? The OP was not specific about which particular sector they are particularly interested in. There is an assumption the OP is interested in IB and consultancy I guess.

ReputationRep:
    all the banks accept final year students for internships. I have yet to met someone who's been rejected because he was a final year student. JP, GS, MS, Citi and CS I know 100% accept final year students. Thats for IBD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seel)
    At what point in my post did I say P&G is in banking? The OP was not specific about which particular sector they are particularly interested in. There is an assumption the OP is interested in IB and consultancy I guess.
    seeing both your post and the thread were started here, IB&C was implied.
    otherweise the OP would have psoted in one of those sub-forums about real jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy87)
    all the banks accept final year students for internships. I have yet to met someone who's been rejected because he was a final year student. JP, GS, MS, Citi and CS I know 100% accept final year students. Thats for IBD.
    DB dont. RBS ask you to give a valid reason why you're a third year. JPM rarely interview third years unless you have other bb experience on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    Most banks this year are taking final year student as interns. There will be some that might automatically filter you out on the online application however.

ReputationRep:
    MS, Citi and CS definitely do for s+t.

ReputationRep:
    For headcount adjustment purposes, most banks take on final year students as interns. That way, if they want to extend them an offer, they have the option of asking them to start straight away, start off cycle, or start with the next year's grad class. 1/3 of the S&T class where I interned this summer were final year students. Not a problem at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.