Turn on thread page Beta

Uni asked for SF financial assessment, I don't have it :S watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking through the Fresher's week timetable (Surrey Uni), and noticed that for registration I need to bring a copy of my LEA/Student Finance Direct financial assessment.

What is that lol? since I chose to apply for the maximum amount available to me without the financial assessment of my household (i.e. my parents didn't have to support my application), do I need to worry about that copy and the fact that I haven't received anything regarding any sort of financial assessment from Student Finance?

Thanks
    Vlad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vladwt)
    I was just looking through the Fresher's week timetable (Surrey Uni), and noticed that for registration I need to bring a copy of my LEA/Student Finance Direct financial assessment.

What is that lol? since I chose to apply for the maximum amount available to me without the financial assessment of my household (i.e. my parents didn't have to support my application), do I need to worry about that copy and the fact that I haven't received anything regarding any sort of financial assessment from Student Finance?

Thanks
    Vlad

You should still have received something telling you what they were going to give you.

ReputationRep:
    Probably would be a bit worried, even though there is a backlog on 'assessed' incomes, non-assesed such as yours have all been done. Have you not received any form of what they are going to be giving you? Or if in fact they have accepted your application? Phone them, and ask them. There are copies of your letters online too, so check the website and see if anything is on there. If they ask for it it means that they do not check before term starts, and so they will need to see this, or at least specify a time they need to see it by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    You should still have received something telling you what they were going to give you.
    Nope, all I got was this letter asking me for a written reply to state where I've been living since February 2010. I sent them that and I haven't heard from them since. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoxyLite)
    Probably would be a bit worried, even though there is a backlog on 'assessed' incomes, non-assesed such as yours have all been done. Have you not received any form of what they are going to be giving you? Or if in fact they have accepted your application? Phone them, and ask them. There are copies of your letters online too, so check the website and see if anything is on there. If they ask for it it means that they do not check before term starts, and so they will need to see this, or at least specify a time they need to see it by.
    I haven't received any confirmation of my loan yet, so I guess I'll have to get on the phone first thing Monday morning. On my application, it does state that if I cannot provide proof that I am a EEA citizen, which I cannot do, it will take longer than normal.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.