The Student Room Group

OCR History AS help

Im doing AS History with OCR and i was wondering where i can get textbooks (if there are any) to help me learn every info for the exam without much reliance on the teacher to teach you everything? My school didnt give any textbooks out, only a book which was related to the modules im doing (Churchill and Napoleon) So please, if there are any useful textbooks/books that you can recommend, i would very much appreciate it :smile: Also, has anyone done what im doing? what advice would you give to someone(me) who isnt really confident with essay writings? How to get an early start to learning to analyse sources? Especially,i need learning resources for all the stuff im doing for AS History

the reason why i find it awkward to study history without a textbook is because i am used to copying all the important notes from the textbooks when i done GCSE edexcel history, instead of lectures, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Oh94Kw
Im doing AS History with OCR and i was wondering where i can get textbooks (if there are any) to help me learn every info for the exam without much reliance on the teacher to teach you everything? My school didnt give any textbooks out, only a book which was related to the modules im doing (Churchill and Napoleon) So please, if there are any useful textbooks/books that you can recommend, i would very much appreciate it :smile: Also, has anyone done what im doing? what advice would you give to someone(me) who isnt really confident with essay writings? How to get an early start to learning to analyse sources? Especially,i need learning resources for all the stuff im doing for AS History

the reason why i find it awkward to study history without a textbook is because i am used to copying all the important notes from the textbooks when i done GCSE edexcel history, instead of lectures, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Okay Im definately sure this will cover your AS stuff - http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-Level-History-AS-Churchill/dp/0435312588/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1286014321&sr=8-2

This french one is for A level but I think its more indepth. It can cover both AS and A2. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Napoleon-France-Europe-Access-History/dp/034098676X/ref=sr_1_16?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1286014432&sr=8-16

Good luck.