Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will you compliment a stranger if he smells good? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I wear le male by jpg I get at least one compliment a day from a stranger. Personally I find it both weird and really flattering. So ladies if a guy smells incredibly good would you ask him what it is or compliment him? Or would you appreciate it in silence?

ReputationRep:
    definately appreciate in silence.

it would be creepy to say it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    appreciate in silence..

i find there's something strangely sexual in "you smell really good".. i don't know.. def wouldn't say it to a stranger.

ReputationRep:
    Depends... I'm quite shy...But If the guy is hot, I might flash a pretty obvious smile. Not sure if I'd say anything though. I'll go with the appreciate in silence option.

ReputationRep:
    dunno really.
    i've told women they smile nice before, asking them which perfume they were wearing but never a guy.
    i might it if i was sitting in a lecture or something and i fancied him.
    probably have to give myself a pep talk beforehand though haha!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'd say my arse was a bed of roses, and invite them to sit on the bench (situated by the main thoroughfare) I have there.

ReputationRep:
    Appreciate in silence.
    I do get butterflies in my tummy when a guy smells really good, so far the only one i know is my bf. :P

ReputationRep:
    there was a customer at work today who was wearing a aftershave i wanted but lol my manager was near so i didnt ask...

now i must try to sniff him out again...

ReputationRep:
    lol i duno why but i would almsot always say! thats if i know the person (not to a stranger off the street)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's how I met my boyfriend :daydreaming:

Although admittedly that was because my friend encouraged me to meet 'this guy who smelt good from her art class' so wasn't completely out of the blue :p:

Think he thought everyone had gone a bit nuts tbh :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I get an average 4 compliments a day, 3 of those being from strangers. There's nothing weird about it, a girl wont say it if she thinks the guy will act like an awkward ***** after.

ReputationRep:
    Silence. Compliments from strangers are creepy. If someone walked up to me and told me that I smell great, I would back away awkwardly. Hence, I do not do it to others. Though, I suppose a girl saying it to a guy is probably less creepy than a guy to a girl. Not sure why.

ReputationRep:
    I received this compliment in a shop recently.
    I responded by thanking her and smiling rather than with silence like most of the ignorant awkward ****s here seem like they would have done.
    The fact that she was hot probably helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    It's how I met my boyfriend :daydreaming:

Although admittedly that was because my friend encouraged me to meet 'this guy who smelt good from her art class' so wasn't completely out of the blue :p:

Think he thought everyone had gone a bit nuts tbh :erm:

Which cologne was he wearing?

ReputationRep:
    Egos aside, would you two guys describe yourself as good looking?

Just wondering if that might have anything to do with it..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by masterglen3)
    He wasn't wearing any actually :p: just a mixture of being a generally nice smelling person and some fruity shampoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterglen3)
    Girls just like guys who smell good, so just look at the most generic perfumes. Aqua Di Gio, Le Male, Joop Homme, Armani Code, Boss Bottled, and paco rabonne 1mllion smell terrific and are really loved by the ladies. Try them out, i guarantee u theyll love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    Girls just like guys who smell good, so just look at the most generic perfumes. Aqua Di Gio, Le Male, Joop Homme, Armani Code, Boss Bottled, and paco rabonne 1mllion smell terrific and are really loved by the ladies. Try them out, i guarantee u theyll love it
    Over the last 3 months I've amassed about 9 different colognes, I like the smell, but it becomes nothing on me, i wore JPG for 2 months, zero effect, started using D&G the one, and may have FINALLY found a signature fragrance that really goes well with me. I must have weird body chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Le Male jpg is definitely up there for virile sexual scents and got a few compliments for it. Depends where I'm going really. Lectures is probs AnF Fierce. Work is Bvlgari Extreme/Issey Intense.

ReputationRep:
    Le Male jpg is definitely up there for virile sexual scents and got a few compliments for it. Depends where I'm going really. Lectures is probs AnF Fierce. Work is Bvlgari Extreme/Issey Intense.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.