Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you compliment a stranger if he smells good? Watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by masterglen3)
    From the sounds of things, this guy just sweats awesomeness :p:
    Ye :love:

But seeing as this is a thread about scent I reckon the option for those of you who aren't sweating pure awesome is the coconut shampoo :yep: and OP you must be doing something right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Herbal essences :yep: maybe worth a try? Coconut smelling shampoos are other ones I've noticed that leave hair smelling pretty good :cool:

Think you have to be a nice smelling person to begin with though (not sure how that works, it just does :p:), I never get quite the same effect with it :sad: he now uses pantenne and still smells pretty awesome :cute:
    I've never really considered other stuff like fruity shampoos...will give them a try. I don't get how that works either...I've never actually found anyone smelling good without the use of some product!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The_Timepasser)
    I've never really considered other stuff like fruity shampoos...will give them a try. I don't get how that works either...I've never actually found anyone smelling good without the use of some product!
    I think that's part of the problem, whilst some guys really suit colognes etc. I think a lot would be better with something more subtle & a large number smell of their deodorant...the more popular ones seem to be quite strong and not particularly attractive & add cologne etc. into the mix and it all gets a bit much in some cases :s:...but saying that it's better to have a deodorant that works & think about the scent later :giggle: maybe we'd notice a lot more nice smelling guys if more wore scentless/subtle deodorant? Don't think anyone would have noticed my boyfriend's hair if he had anything strong on...plus you seem to find a lot more girls who just smell quite nice & I figure this is the reason :cute:

But ye subtlety seems to be the key, good luck with the shampoo :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Timepasser)
    lol wasn't expecting that! And I guess I should try JPG...most of them never seem to stay long enough on me. I doubt its to do with the fruits and vegetables...I'm vegetarian!
    most perfumes become accustomed to your nose so you wont really smell it much anymore. but everyone else will, trust me. and one spray on each wrist and one on your neck pulse point will make ready for 12 hours or more of nice smelling fragrance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I think that's part of the problem, whilst some guys really suit colognes etc. I think a lot would be better with something more subtle & a large number smell of their deodorant...the more popular ones seem to be quite strong and not particularly attractive & add cologne etc. into the mix and it all gets a bit much in some cases :s:...but saying that it's better to have a deodorant that works & think about the scent later :giggle: maybe we'd notice a lot more nice smelling guys if more wore scentless/subtle deodorant? Don't think anyone would have noticed my boyfriend's hair if he had anything strong on...plus you seem to find a lot more girls who just smell quite nice & I figure this is the reason :cute:

But ye subtlety seems to be the key, good luck with the shampoo :top:
    I never use deodorant and cologne together, but I guess ur right...shampoos/gels would smell a lot better than strong deos. Mine is pretty strong although obviously no one's ever commented on it. They're useful when u play a sport or dont have time for a shower though.

Thanks for the tip...will keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    most perfumes become accustomed to your nose so you wont really smell it much anymore. but everyone else will, trust me. and one spray on each wrist and one on your neck pulse point will make ready for 12 hours or more of nice smelling fragrance
    Yep thats what I'm thinking although I'm not sure as no one (new) comments on it after a few hours...guess I'll have to just ask someone in my family to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    Whenever I wear le male by jpg I get at least one compliment a day from a stranger. Personally I find it both weird and really flattering. So ladies if a guy smells incredibly good would you ask him what it is or compliment him? Or would you appreciate it in silence?

I'd probably say it, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Always important for a guy to smell nice.

ReputationRep:
    No but I did see a guy with a cool superman jumper and I asked him where he got it from :o:

I have to a girl before :ninjagirl:

But it was only because I wanted to get the same perfume not to be creepy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.