Turn on thread page Beta

Getting a bit annoyed at this country's marijuana policy watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just watching Road wars, and just saw for the umpteenth time police officers arresting people minding their own business, just because they have some marijuana in their pocket.

How is it anyone's business what they smoke? I just find it amazing in this day and age people are persecuted for such a minor thing.

Everyone knows a change must be made, so what can we do in order to bring a change to the law?

It just seems incredible nothing has been done already, the amount of time and money which is wasted on this is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched them smash open a pensioners door because she wouldn't answer the door :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but unfortunately the law makers do not have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Marijuana is illegal isn't it?
    Just saying, that hasn't stopped people before :P

ReputationRep:
    **** off to the Netherlands then...

ReputationRep:
    thats because if they stop hunting around for people committing petty crimes (and I use that term loosely) they'd have to man up and deal with the bigger things going on in the country... and that's just no fun now is it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    Marijuana is illegal isn't it?
    Just saying, that hasn't stopped people before :P
    Yeah but why is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittalmar)
    **** off to the Netherlands then...
    Well why are they the only one's with common sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Yeah but why is it?
    I don't know, it's awesome :P

ReputationRep:
    I agree, marijuana, and other drugs, should be legalised and taxed - it would help reduce crime and raise revenue.

(Original post by CandyFlipper)
    QFA
    Thought you might be interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    I do think it's shocking the amount of taxpayer money and police time is wasted on enforcing prohibited drugs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how marijuana is any more dangerous than alchohol or tobacco, and they're perfectly legal.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it.

Since it going back to Class B (thus increasing the risk of selling it), the price has gone up ridiculously.

It just harms the end consumer. They will not stop people smoking it.

Also, the government always uses the excuse of 'we dont want to send out the wrong message to young people blah blah blah'.. When are they going to realise nobody gives a **** what message they are sending out? (Maybe except for those with vested interests and a few nutjobs).

People will always smoke cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    A bit annoyed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    Tell me about it.

Since it going back to Class B (thus increasing the risk of selling it), the price has gone up ridiculously.

It just harms the end consumer. They will not stop people smoking it.

Also, the government always uses the excuse of 'we dont want to send out the wrong message to young people blah blah blah'.. When are they going to realise nobody gives a **** what message they are sending out? (Maybe except for those with vested interests and a few nutjobs).
    20 for 1.5 gs atm.

Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I agree, marijuana, and other drugs, should be legalised and taxed - it would help reduce crime and raise revenue.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    In California there's gonna be a vote for legalising mj in november

ReputationRep:
    The reason why its not legalized is because there is no large organization producing and selling it, so very liitle money would come out if it.

The reasoning behind marijuana is completely nonsensical. There is literly no reason to make it illegal, and everyone knows this.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are bad!!

Or something like that...

ReputationRep:
    There's a good Family Guy episode in which Brian gets marijuana legalised and suddenly everything's ok. If only the world was really like that...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.