Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get a six pack? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have been down the gym for a few months but I am struggling to get a six pack, take a look at my pic just curious if my body is ok.
    Do you girls like six packs or is it best to keep what I have?
    Name:  e.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  18.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    How can the answer to this be anything other than yes, get a six-pack.

Why not?

ReputationRep:
    Try changing your diet or doing more aerobic exercises. My build is similar to your and I do almost no exercise.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if its just the pic but you seem to have some baby fat. Six pack is (not) the end all though. Just try to improve diet and fitness. Once you get that woory about fitness.

ReputationRep:
    Work out for yourself, not for other people. Girls like all kinds of bodies.

ReputationRep:
    your torso looks like a smiley face

ReputationRep:
    I do pure cardio which is 1000 calories down the gym and ab exercises, I have also cut all saturated fats out of my diet for 3 months lost 2 stone 7 pounds but still no real change to my ab area. It's so hard to get one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc1234)
    Hi guys, I have been down the gym for a few months but I am struggling to get a six pack, take a look at my pic just curious if my body is ok.
    Do you girls like six packs or is it best to keep what I have?
    Name:  e.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  18.1 KB
    6pac = 95% diet + 5% gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Love Dog)
    Work out for yourself, not for other people. Girls like all kinds of bodies.
    This.

Plus just working out won't give you a sixpack. You get abs through good diet and cardio, not just training.
    To be honest you don't really look like you're training hard enough, there's not much muscle on you. You want results, you need to put some effort in.

ReputationRep:
    Stop eating the donuts tubster and btw, your torso does indeed resemble a face.

ReputationRep:
    You look soft and squishy..

ReputationRep:
    erm, yes? I'd get one if I wasn't so lazy. Instead, I just get another type of six pack.

ReputationRep:
    I do pure cardio which is 1000 calories down the gym and ab exercises, I have also cut all saturated fats out of my diet for 3 months lost 2 stone 7 pounds but still no real change to my ab area. It's so hard to get one!
    Good job losing that weight.

You still have some fat on you, though, so your abs won't show yet.

Cutting saturated fats won't really do anything in terms of losing more fat, if you want to cut anything then cut down on carbs.

Also, six packs on really skinny guys with no other muscle just looks wrong. You should do some weights too.

ReputationRep:
    You look like the perfect hug.

ReputationRep:
    You are too weedy to get a 6 pack.
    You would have to diet down to like 7% bodyfat, and you would look anorexic and probably wont see abs either.
    Bulk up on Rippetoes starting strength.

Trust me, i know this stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am quite well built and struggling to lose anymore weight (went from 14 stone to 11,5) my BMI is in the healthy weight and I normally do 2 hours of gym and swimming every other day as well as football so I don't think fitness is an issue. It's just really tough to lose the flab around that area.

ReputationRep:
    Can I get a six pack???..........

Yes because getting a six pack is as easy as buying...ironically a six-pack of beer from Tesco. C'mon dude what kind of question is that lol

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:
    you look really huggable
    get a six-pack if you want, most girls won't care tbh.
    do what you want to do!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am quite well built and struggling to lose anymore weight (went from 14 stone to 11,5) my BMI is in the healthy weight and I normally do 2 hours of gym and swimming every other day as well as football so I don't think fitness is an issue. It's just really tough to lose the flab around that area.
    Cut down on carbs. Get the carbs you need from non starchy veg, yoghurt and cheeses. High fibre cereals are also good.

Pasta and rice (et al) are more or less used purely for energy so loading up on them, then going to the gym is a bit of a waste.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have one 'cos you're fat, basically. Model six pacs are a skinny guy's game.

Diet is just as important in bodybuilding as weight training is. You have a six pac, you just can't see it because of your higher body fat %.

Do LOTS of cardio. The fat will fall off and you'll have good results for ab definition.

Cut out bad carbs like white bread, and processed foods, eat porrridge for breakfast instead. Eat good meat like chicken; lots of protein. Fish is good too. Avoid sat fats. Just a few guiders.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.