Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11403486

"I made some bread and took it to my husband who works in a farm. After I had fed him, we had some leftovers which I gave to the dog," the Dalit woman from Madhya Pradesh,India said.
    The owner of the dog, Amrutlal Kirari, saw her feeding him.

"He got very angry and said 'You've fed my dog, it has become an untouchable now'."

Mrs Jatav said Mr Kirari left the dog, a black mongrel called Sheru, tied to a pole outside her house.

On Monday, the village council met and decided that Sheru had been defiled and hence Mr Kirari should be paid 15,000 rupees as compensation

LOL :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Edit : hahaha I got negged and called a Sheep S******

ReputationRep:
    This isn't funny.

It's a bit tragic such awful segregation and discrimination still exists in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Good grief the caste system?

How can such stupidity still exist in the world today?

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Just realised how much more interesting this thread would be if she had breastfed the dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshDonson)
    Just realised how much more interesting this thread would be if she had breastfed the dog.

I think the Owner wouldve killed himself in Shame

ReputationRep:
    From the title I assumed they were being fined for feeding a stray or something (I know it sounds harsh, but they are pests in a lot of places, and feeding them will encourage them to hang around). You shouldn't really feed someone else's dog without their permission, but it's pretty obvious why the owners didn't like it in this case.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid dogs and stupid snoop dawg

ReputationRep:
    at least she won't be feeding any more dogs...

ReputationRep:
    How shameful...

Think we should feed the owner to some big arse cow.

ReputationRep:
    Wait so because he thinks of himself as a superior social class and they have some severe caste system, he now thinks his dog has been tainted because a poor women fed it something?

Seriously? Someone please tell me how I've got it very very wrong or....

ReputationRep:
    So they fined a poor woman with hardly any money $330 AND they kicked the dog out? Horrible people.

ReputationRep:
    India

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the Secret Millionare special in India, the presenter of the show who is Indian went to the slums to see if she could help and she saw a white British person who has lived in India for decades, helping the poor. The presenter then went to visit her own family in India, who are fairly middle-class, did you know what they said?!

They said why should we help them, after all they could be pretending to be poor.

I mean, hold on a sec, a woman from the UK stayed in India for decades to help them whilst their own people don't.

Sickening,no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    So they fined a poor woman with hardly any money $330 AND they kicked the dog out? Horrible people.

basically yea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.