Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a bit of assistance with getting some experience in Firms. I've spent some time networking and building up contacts with Solicitors and now I'm looking to approach some of them for the possibility of undertaking some kind of placement.

One of the Firms I am looking to try and secure some experience with is one where I have met personally with the firms founder (when I presented at a Law Society of Scotland conference on Alternative Business Structures earlier this year) and have since engaged with through Social Media (this solicitor being a huge advocate of Twitter and such like). The firm is inviting applications by way of letter and CV for Summer 2011.

The other Firms I established contact with at the same event, but have had less ongoing communication with. Some of these firms are also inviting applications and others would be speculative in nature.

So, I suppose my question is how best to approach Solicitors Firms where you already have had contact? Stick with the Dear Sir or go to the Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs xxxxx and so on?

ReputationRep:
    At the very least go on the website and find the actual name of the person you are writing to. It will show you have made an effort. Especially so if these are speculative applications.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.