Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been a bit depressed recently as I'm still a virgin at 19. I've never been kissed or had any kind of relationship aside from just friendship with girls. I've got a good circle of friends but most of these have had or are in relationships. Obviously peer pressure is a big thing and I want to know how I can progress my life to the next and normal level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been a bit depressed recently as I'm still a virgin at 19. I've never been kissed or had any kind of relationship aside from just friendship with girls. I've got a good circle of friends but most of these have had or are in relationships. Obviously peer pressure is a big thing and I want to know how I can progress my life to the next and normal level.
    hey

i know loooads of guys at uni in your situation and it's not a bad one, trust me. a housemate was in exactly the same situation as you, and me and my other housemates have been trying to help him out for the past 3 years at uni..and he's improved a lot more!

firstly, get out there!! join a club..or gym or anywhere where there are people you can strike conversations with.

secondly, don't worry about what other people your age have or haven't done by now..it's not an age thing..it's finding the right girl! i didn't have my first kiss/boyfriend until i was 18! [although that was more of a case of me being picky..]

and thirdly, don't try too hard..girls usually get turned off by that. playing hard to get will interest almost any girl, truuust me!

good luck!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol I didn't date till I was 17. also, the only person who cares about your status as a virgin is yourself - you blow it up as big as you want it to be really.

I'm a male + virgin too + i am 19 next month but I've had relationships and stuff
    but anyway i don't think it should really be a worry for you man
    unless you have some kind of diseased face or awkward personality, you will eventually meet someone in no time.
    I believe there is someone for everyone...so just stay positive

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

You should be depressed, are you seriously concerned about your virginity? and why, because others lost it before you?

:lol:

Seriously dude, grow up for goodness sake. There is no "golden age to loose your virginity". Loose it when you find the right moment, when you feel comfortable with yourself, and with your partner.

Only then will the experience be worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Relax. It's not that great.

ReputationRep:
    you might get one lucky break when you're older. But I doubt you'll ever have a girlfriend or any proper relationship. Have you considered using a prostitute?

ReputationRep:
    Of course your normal
    Your only 19!
    I wouldn't start getting concerned until you're in the 30's

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a little behind you. I'm eighteen, never been in a relationship and to be honest I have practically no males friends (outside the family). Don't worry about it. You're only nineteen anyway. Stop worrying about being normal and enjoy all the good things that you have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.