The Student Room Group

Question for guys with girlfriends: Do you fancy other girls?

Guys, when you have a girlfriend, even if it's a happy relationship, do you still fancy other girls? If yes, do you fancy them as much as you would if you were single? For example if you worked with a pretty girl who you got on with, would you still be attracted to her, or would the fact that you have a girlfriend mean that you don't fancy other people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.

It's okay to fancy other girls. You shouldn't have sex with them though. It's like, if you support a football team, would you, secretly also kind of support another? Blackpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa are popular "second clubs". Some people have more.
Reply 2
I think a lot do, not all, but some, we all have the tendancy to think the grass is greener, even if what we have at home is great. There will always be times in a relationship, where things get tiring at times, nothing can be amazing all the time. I think thats where the maturity of a relationship comes in, understanding that some girl is attractive and fun, but realising what you have is really great, and really special, and the grass isn't greener, and what you have already is far more fulfilling overall, and stopping things advancing emotionally and physically with other girls before it gets a little out of control.
(edited 13 years ago)
yeaaaaa... especially if gf keeps u waiting :wink:
I suppose so when you really think about it.
I thought the answer is/was/always will be obvious: yes.
Im a girl and always fancy other guys so yea.
Reply 7
Its more like this:

With a girlfriend you care about her/like her. When your with another girl, if we fancy them, its only for one reason.
It's okay for eyes to wander and minds to think, it's when it gets physical that it is wrong.
Reply 9
I'm not a guy, but I would like to say just how ******** it is when a girl expects her boyfriend to just not like other girls. It doesn't work that way. Even if he loves you dearly, he's still gonna look at other women and acknowledge that they're attractive. Thinking someone is attractive does not mean that they are going to go after them and shag them when you're not looking.
Reply 10
Kinda - Its okay to look as long as you don't touch :-) It's natural to look at other girls and make new female friends - As long as thats all they stay, friends! You have got to draw a line sometimes tho!
emotionally - no; physically - yes.

Anybody who says otherwise isn't being honest with themselves. The part of your brain that notices whether people are attractive or not doesn't suddenly switch off once you're in a relationship.

The take home message here OP is: if you want your bf to be faithful to you, you can't stop him getting turned on by other women, its biological - but you can make him love you enough that he ignores those urges.

Attraction isn't a choice, faithfulness is.
yes, attracted to girls the same amount as if i was single
I tend to think that there's a difference between finding other people attractive, which yes, everyone does, and actually "fancying" someone.
Yeah. Just like girls fancy other guys (and often girls).
Reply 15
I can find other girls attractive but I'd never act on it. I'd be stupid to sacrafice an amazing girlfriend because of a bit of lust.
Reply 16
halfoflessthan50p
emotionally - no; physically - yes.

Anybody who says otherwise isn't being honest with themselves. The part of your brain that notices whether people are attractive or not doesn't suddenly switch off once you're in a relationship.

The take home message here OP is: if you want your bf to be faithful to you, you can't stop him getting turned on by other women, its biological - but you can make him love you enough that he ignores those urges.

Attraction isn't a choice, faithfulness is.

This - 100%

My boyfriend trying to tell me he doesn't fancy a gorgeous girl walking past is like me telling him i don't like chocolate. It's a lie.

When you're with someone, everybody doesn't suddenly turn ugly.

Even though i know it's completely normal for a guy to fancy another girl whilst with me, it will never stop me (or most girls) feeling that tiny bit of insecurity (is she prettier than me, does he want to have sex with her, has she got a better figure, is she funnier) etc etc; it's totally normal.

If your boyf crosses the line between naturally noticing an attractive female or gawping at her to the point where you think he could act on it, you'll know.

I can always tell when my boyfriend fancies another girl because he'll try not to look at her or speak to her. Whereas if the girl is unattractive he'll have no problem chatting away to her and looking at her etc. I think it's quite funny that he tries to cover it up but makes it more obvious.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't think fancying is the right word, but yes we all find other people attractive/hot or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes our mind even wonders of further thinking 'what if'...but it's important that you dont get distracted and still remain faithful to your loved one.
Reply 18
'Fancying' other girls yes, that's fine. But anything further than that isn't fine.

Someone once said that the moment you stop appreciating attractiveness in the opposite sex is when you're 50, married with three kids, a mortgage and a middle-aged cow hanging off your arm. That pretty much sums it up methinks :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, i'm still attracted to other girls. What's wrong with that, it'll be very hard, almost impossible to not acknowledge other girls while with your gf/bf.

Latest

Trending

Trending