This discussion is closed.
gayboy09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am not a smoker, and probably never will be having witnessed my dad vomit violently at 6 am, waking me up.

Now that that is dealt with, I will now go on to congratulate smokers:
"Well done smokers!"

Thankyou smokers, for continually maintaining a tobacco industry, which I'm sure Britain exploited pre-1900 in its domineering vast empire.
Thankyou smokers, for 'looking cool', your 'phat' cigars show you as a big cheese.
Thankyou smokers for dying early with cancer, as the taxpayers will be getting off lightly from not paying for potential state pensions for these people now dead people.

Thankyou smokers for continuing to smoke, as hopefully continue to smoke in public places where you are discriminated against. Murderers are let out on Parole, Paedophiles live with their name changed.
Smokers make a life choice like snowboarding, I'm sure both are hazardous.

Smokers...You rock!
A Grade Student
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
I am not a smoker, and probably never will be having witnessed my dad vomit violently at 6 am, waking me up.

Now that that is dealt with, I will now go on to congratulate smokers:
"Well done smokers!"

Thankyou smokers, for continually maintaining a tobacco industry, which I'm sure Britain exploited pre-1900 in its domineering vast empire.
Thankyou smokers, for 'looking cool', your 'phat' cigars show you as a big cheese.
Thankyou smokers for dying early with cancer, as the taxpayers will be getting off lightly from not paying for potential state pensions for these people now dead people.

Thankyou smokers for continuing to smoke, as hopefully continue to smoke in public places where you are discriminated against. Murderers are let out on Parole, Paedophiles live with their name changed.
Smokers make a life choice like snowboarding, I'm sure both are hazardous.

Smokers...You rock!
Thanks!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah they save us money on their pensions by dying early, but they cost us more for the NHS to treat their smoking-related ailments e.g. cancer and heart disease. They brought it on themselves so shame.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's wrong with snowboarding? :confused:
gayboy09
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Yeah they save us money on their pensions by dying early, but they cost us more for the NHS to treat their smoking-related ailments e.g. cancer and heart disease. They brought it on themselves so shame.
That's the beauty of it. NHS treatment is not weekly, unlike pensions.
And as people are getting an average life expectancy of around 79, I think the money saved is far greater than NHS treatment.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol, I'll have to e-mail this to NikNak.

Or not, he might get upset.
A Grade Student
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wrong. The tax we pay on the cigs is more than enough to cover NHS smoking related health bill, plus premature deaths caused by smoking ease the burden on social security expenses. It is good for the government all round, they are making a tidy net profit out of us.
gayboy09
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
What's wrong with snowboarding? :confused:
It is hazardous, and also people may break legs and so require treatment.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by A Grade Student)
Wrong. The tax we pay on the cigs is more than enough to cover NHS smoking related health bill, plus premature deaths caused by smoking ease the burden on social security expenses. It is good for the government all round, they are making a tidy net profit out of us.
And all those who get ill from passive smoking? They don't deserve it do they, and the taxes don't pay for them. I didn't deserve my asthma and no-one pays a tax for giving me it.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anything's hazardous, and snowboarders very rarely break legs, it's the wrists that tend to get broken/fractured.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And all those who get ill from passive smoking? They don't deserve it do they, and the taxes don't pay for them. I didn't deserve my asthma and no-one pays a tax for giving me it.
you got asthma due to this jewel?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Anything's hazardous, and snowboarders very rarely break legs, it's the wrists that tend to get broken/fractured.
ahhh, yes!!

whats braking a wrist here and there!!
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
People do that with everything, I managed to end up in hospital after just mucking around on my friends bike, with among many broken things a broken jaw... Whatever you do there's always a risk...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
you got asthma due to this jewel?
Yeah, thanks Dad, now hurry up and get cancer from your cigar-smoking so I can grab all your money you swine...

I haven't been affected by it recently but in the long-term it's made me very unfit. And it's my dad banging on that I should go to the gym a lot, that coming from him who is obese as anything...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, thanks Dad, now hurry up and get cancer from your cigar-smoking so I can grab all your money you swine...

I haven't been affected by it recently but in the long-term it's made me very unfit. And it's my dad banging on that I should go to the gym a lot, that coming from him who is obese as anything...
gosh, sorry to hear that.
my parents smoke, but luckily we dont get on therefore i dont go near em lol.

since when do teenagers go to the gym???
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

My Dad/Stepdad are broke and have no insurance/will's etc!!!

Nooooooo!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
gosh, sorry to hear that.
my parents smoke, but luckily we dont get on therefore i dont go near em lol.

since when do teenagers go to the gym???
Re your question, you'd be surprised.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The money they save us by dying early will be opposed by the money they cost us in the process of dying.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The money they save us by dying early will be opposed by the money they cost us in the process of dying.
My point exactly.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My point exactly.
Do you think you got Asthma from passive smoking?
I'm very interested in this link, as my sister is a respiratory nurse.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads