Turn on thread page Beta

I am thinking about going to University in 2011, and to save money on accommodation I was thinking of buying a motor-home, then after uni taking a gap year to travel America, then selling it to pay some of the debt.

What are everyone?s view on this - is it a good idea, will it save any money?

Also if anyone has done this, or if you have lived in a motor-home for a long period, could they give me some idea what it is like and the problems I will encounter.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be that strange guy from the trailer park, go for it

ReputationRep:
    Made me lol!

ReputationRep:
    Caravanning it through uni... that would be a right ******* laugh! Brilliant.

Realistically, its totally impractical and the height of stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    The costs don't end with buying the motor home.
    You'd have to pay for a place to park it hopefully near Uni with half decent facilities, fuel for it, fuel for paraffin lamps or whatever for heating and cooking, etc.
    Considering all that it's totally not worth it imo, but you could be known as "that guy with the motor home", which would be hilarious.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.