Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I make her understand? PLS HELP! watch

My bf of 5 months&I are doing long distance at the moment (hes applied for a visa to work in UK, where I live)
    -We agreed to split the cost of a flight for me to come visit him in South Africa duirng my half term (logistically it would be more expensive for him to come here)
    -I would stay with family for half the time&him the rest. Have a couple days back in UK to settle back in/get ready for university.
    -Ive found special flight offers&got a couple job offers. I would need to book now and work to pay the money back
    My parents have flipped-saying its not acceptable that they've paid alot of money for university&on my first holiday Im going 'half way around the world' for a week. Im 19 living alone but I still want their consent, my dad even went as far to say there would be 'serious consequences' [I love him and all but hes cold hearted, hes cut family out of his life before...im so stressed and hurt right now!]

I have to agree with them. If they've paid for your uni then you should do what they say.

That is why I paid for uni myself :P

I dont agree with them. If you really like him GO visit him,just work a couple of jobs and save it until you have some kinda vacation than visit him.Btw should definitely concentrated on your studies.

Good luck
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.