Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have a van with MOT, road tax but it has no insurance on it. Can I enter the road and drive without getting punished?

Or do the CCTV cams detect vehicles by their plate numbers and check if anything is missing?

Help :confused: :confused:

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Don't even think about driving without insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't even go there. Insure it, or leave it sitting.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can't. It's illegal. It's illegal also if you have a failed MOT, or no road tax as that voids your insurance also. If you drive on the road you will get nailed, the police now have ANPR as standard in their cars and you will most definately get caught.

ReputationRep:
    max 5k fine. 6-8 points + discretionary ban

ReputationRep:
    O.O illegal.. well then cheers, thank you for warning me
    quite strict isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    by the way is there an option in the insurance companies to insure my vehicle for a month only ? although I highly doubt it ..

ReputationRep:
    of course it's illegal :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** do you think you should be able to drive around without insurance? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oZu)
    by the way is there an option in the insurance companies to insure my vehicle for a month only ? although I highly doubt it ..
    https://www.tempcover.com/?gclid=CJT...FZFe4wodlwbp5g

ReputationRep:
    If you hit a car worth thousands, and write it off, who's going to pay?

If you crash in to a pedestrian and they spend the rest of their life in a wheelchair who is going to pay their compensation?

Clearly illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oZu)
    Yes stuff like tempcover etc. I think insure by the week.

ReputationRep:
    get insurance!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I will ) thank you for the help and advice

ReputationRep:
    Dont even think about going there.
    People who drive withoutinsurance is why insurance for the rest of us is so high.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.