This discussion is closed.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I know its slightly early, but I've already started narrowing down my uni choices. I got offers from Reading, Surrey, Birmingham, Lancaster, York and Leicester to do Physics. I've visited all of them, except York, and Lancaster has been my favourite by far(I didnt like any of the others at all ) .

If I didn't get an offer from york, then I wouldnt have any problems deciding which uni. However, york did give me an offer...and York is rated much higher in every league table etc. and is generally regarded as a better uni than Lancaster, would I be making a mistake by choosing to go to Lancaster rather than York?
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I know its slightly early, but I've already started narrowing down my uni choices. I got offers from Reading, Surrey, Birmingham, Lancaster, York and Leicester to do Physics. I've visited all of them, except York, and Lancaster has been my favourite by far(I didnt like any of the others at all ) .

If I didn't get an offer from york, then I wouldnt have any problems deciding which uni. However, york did give me an offer...and York is rated much higher in every league table etc. and is generally regarded as a better uni than Lancaster, would I be making a mistake by choosing to go to Lancaster rather than York?
I think you might, yeah.

I visited York and it's really lovely.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lancaster is a really nice place to live. I've only driven round the campus, but if you want to live somewhere nice, then I'd say go for Lancaster. (not that York is nice too, I just prefer Lancaster)
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for what subject?
Barny
Rep:
?
Yeh I know its a really nice place and everything, I just dont know what to do, I have the oppurtunity to go to York, which as far as ratings go, is a much better uni than Lancaster, but I really really like Lancaster..
Barny
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
for what subject?
Physics
*Amy*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lancaster is really lovely. I enjoyed it, but i'm applying for History and it's well regarded for that subject area.
Barny
Rep:
?
Its well regarded when it comes to Physics too, but 'overall' york seems to be a more reputable university
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
will you not get a chance to visit them before you have to decide?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
York is seen as much better overall and when i visited physics it seemed good
jtaylor
Report 16 years ago
As a international student with regards to many other universities, including nottingham, i have been lucky to be given a home status offer to study business as Lancaster. When i visited Lancaster I really liked the place. The problem is, with offers from UMIST and others, (and waiting to hear form nottingham and warwick to study management) do I pay home rates and go to Lancaster ot pay overseas rates and study at UMIST? Is there a bid difference in terms of getting a job between going to Warwick and Lancaster. My parents said they can pay international fees if need be, but they will have to live in a not great financial position for a few yrs. What should i do?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My sister is currently having to choose between Lancaster and York. She is probably going for Lancaster because its cheaper and nearer to Manchester.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (444)
58.96%
Yes- I don't like it (42)
5.58%
No- I want it (217)
28.82%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.64%

Watched Threads