Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

strep throat..yeast infection..oral sex...help! Watch

Me and my (relatively) new man have been getting up to oral sex, but we have been doing it alot in a short period of time. Anyway, I went to the doctor as I had an extremely sore throat, had a throat swab and the results came back that I had strep B and a yeast infection. The doc said I could have caught strep B just like a normal cold thing, but it could have been frm him. IS the yeast infection definitely from him? If not, how will I know whether I have caught it from him or just as a normal infection?!

Also now the yeast infection has probably gone down there..due to kissing and him being down there with his mouth...what are the treatments?

Arghh help please I'm so worried

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know but i was in a long distance relationship and almost anytime i gave him a blowjob i got tonsillitis not long after (not that that stopped me) so maybe it is from giving oral?

(Original post by minxy222)
    i don't know but i was in a long distance relationship and almost anytime i gave him a blowjob i got tonsillitis not long after (not that that stopped me) so maybe it is from giving oral?
    really, had you got that diagnosed from the doctor to say it was actually oral that gave it to you??

ReputationRep:
    your doctor didnt tell you how to cure thrush after diagnosing it?

i think its pretty simple, caneston duo or summin? a pill and some cream.. not much effort as far as i am aware

(Original post by m45)

i think its pretty simple, caneston duo or summin? a pill and some cream.. not much effort as far as i am aware
    i got told on the phone im going for an appt tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Well, didn't your mother warn you about **********ing?

Dem nasty ifnections!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m45)

canesten duo etc is for thrush downstairs rather than oral thrush....something like daktarin oral gel might be prescribed

(Original post by m45)

Its easy i've had it and theres loads of treatments, from pessarys you put 'up there' to creams...i found a one use oral tablet by canestan sounded the best to me and it worked in 2 days. but be careful coz I got it back again after having treated it and basically my doc said theres a chance i had it, had sex (so gave it to my boyf but he didnt show symptoms) then treated it, had sex again and he gave it back to me. if you buy a cream and are comfortable enough with the man to openly discuss it, you should apply the cream to the tip of his **** when treating yourself to make sure it doesnt come back (and take a tablet too as that will treat the thrush in the mouth and the thrush in the vagina in one go)

can you get HIV via Gay vanilla?

ReputationRep:
    The treatment is usually fluconazole which is an antifungal and given orally, but you can also have topical.

One side thought, do you have asthma?

no asthma

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.