The Student Room Group

King College London And Barts and the School of London

morning :biggrin:

I'm considering to apply to KCL and queen marry but people on this forum say that I would need a very high UKCAT to have a chance.
ukcat:690 and germansecondary school results.

Medicine wiki:

KCL:
"It will not be the sole indicator for selection, it will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular your academic performance to date. It is therefore important to understand that there is no universal ‘cut off’ score for the UKCAT when applying for 2008-9 entry."

Barts:
"Applicants are ranked according to their UKCAT score. Those who achieve the appropriate UKCAT score are considered for an interview (top 700?). The appropriate UKCAT score will be determined by the performance of candidates each year. Therefore there is no predetermined cut-off score for the UKCAT at which candidates will be interviewed."

Many applicants were rejected in the 2009/2010 cycle with the e-mail which said "Unfortunately your application to medicine at the School of Medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary, University of London has been unsuccessful. The reason you have not been made an offer to medicine is that either your UKCAT score was below 2660 or you have not met general entry requirements." Basically the cut-off last year was the UKCAT score of 665.

Ukcat cut offs are likely to increase in 2011 entry but probably not by much. Can anyone tell me the cut off for Barts and tell me if its really suicidal to apply with a 690 score?
Reply 1
lol 690 is good enough for both trust me .. the reason it went up for Barts last year was because they deferred so many applicants the year before so the amount of undergraduates had to be decreased for last year .. i believe Barts will around the same ...

what are your GCSE's equivalent ? If you have around the same as 4, 5 A* then definitely apply to kings !
Reply 2
It's not suicidal for King's or Barts (but then again, the cutoff did rise considerably for 2010, so you never know). However, it is quite risky to apply to sheffield with that score
Reply 3
G550NDH
lol 690 is good enough for both trust me .. the reason it went up for Barts last year was because they deferred so many applicants the year before so the amount of undergraduates had to be decreased for last year .. i believe Barts will around the same ...

what are your GCSE's equivalent ? If you have around the same as 4, 5 A* then definitely apply to kings !

i have got a bit better than average score.. We get grades of:1(the best) to 4(pass) and 5(fail) . its also year 10 and not 11.
And teachers tend only to give 0 or 1 or 2 people in a class of 30 people a 1. Basically I have
one-1|seven-2|two-3|two-4
Nobody gets 10A* 1A or something like that . haha

Yes sheffield cut off was 685 ... not going to apply there anymore

what was the barts cut off?
Reply 4
Knugs
i have got a bit better than average score.. We get grades of:1(the best) to 4(pass) and 5(fail) . its also year 10 and not 11.
And teachers tend only to give 0 or 1 or 2 people in a class of 30 people a 1. Basically I have
one-1|seven-2|two-3|two-4
Nobody gets 10A* 1A or something like that . haha

Yes sheffield cut off was 685 ... not going to apply there anymore

what was the barts cut off?

Umm Barts was 665 last year ... i honestly don't know how they will look at your qualifications .. ring them up (kings) and ask them ..
Reply 5
Barts and the WHAT?? :lolwut:
Reply 6
digitalis
Barts and the WHAT?? :lolwut:

haha whatever Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.. happy now :p:
Reply 7
Knugs
haha whatever Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.. happy now :p:
It's St. Bartholomews and the Royal London School of Medicine.

:p:
Reply 8
It's The London and it's inner city annex!
Reply 9
i would like to apply to both Barts and Kings, but would like some advice on Kings. I phoned up today and they said there is not cut off mark for ukcat. I achieved 2A* and A for my a-levels and 690 in my ukcat. Not sure what to do...
Reply 10
Diva123
i would like to apply to both Barts and Kings, but would like some advice on Kings. I phoned up today and they said there is not cut off mark for ukcat. I achieved 2A* and A for my a-levels and 690 in my ukcat. Not sure what to do...

In a very similar position to you, 2A*s and A at A level and 705 ukcat score.
Called up kings and they said there is no particular cut off and it all depends on the pool of applicants this year and what average they get.
Am really stuck on whether to apply or not...
Btw what gcse's do you have if you dont mind me asking?

Latest

Trending

Trending