Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any music style you just can't stand? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    r'n'b (with the exception of chris brown - forever), Dance, rave etc etc..

ReputationRep:
    Indie with god-awful vocalist like this: Utter balls

Also I hate Deathcore which is a diluted talentless metal like Suicide Silence. Also 'Screamo'? That isn't a real genre :facepalm:

Ah yes, and my old friends, Blink-182 - I genuinely cannot listen to a song the whole way through without wanted to take mine or someone else's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hissyfit)
    opera,drives me crazy :crazy:
    What's your actual experience of Opera, apart from seeing the fat woman with the horned helmets in cartoons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papa Caesar)
    I don't really like the sound of the acoustic guitar, so I generally can't stand any music that is just guitar+vocals. Folk music tends to annoy me as well, so any Bob Dylan (for example) that I've heard has always been sickening. Sure, his lyrics are sometimes nice, but that's not usually what I listen to music for.
    Try some Rodrigo y Gabriela. Tamacun, Diablo Rojo.

ReputationRep:
    Rap.

ReputationRep:
    R'N'B... it's just simply become tacky pop now. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hard to distinguish between two so called R'N'B artists from the past couple years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Heavy metal. I like one song in that genre and that's Slipknot's Duality, other than that, it's all a bunch of noise by some angry men.
    You obviously haven't listened to much then...

ReputationRep:
    Jazz and anything related to it.

Also anything pre-Mozart was pretty crap. Apart from Haydn, I forget when he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, I do agree. And I'm not one of the people who called metal bad either. Only certain subgenres of it I really dislike and can't get into, but some metal is nice though. Which leads me to the conclusion that, if you're open-minded enough, you'll know that there's good and bad in pretty much every genre, even if you do want to have faves. OK, people can think what they like, but on hearing people knock the whole of R&B, I can't help but always think this:
    Are you familiar with nu-soul?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfoggy)
    Rnb , rap in general with few exceptions, heavy metal or whatever it is with the unintelligble screaming.
    You probably mean screamo which is understandable but some heavy metal is good. Black Sabbath is classed as heavy metal but they're a pretty decent band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    Can't believe all the hate for metal! It astounds me that even now, in this day and age, people still dismiss it all as meaningless noise.

All the haters should watch the following videos, proof that metal =/= just noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwTmqPMjlPM&ob=av2e
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4S_GDlKqCs&feature=fvst
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6dt43KWEE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKj6Iezahnw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLtA8SkmVw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4IfMqwb7F4

But to answer the question- I hate almost all commercial music. Talentless, autotuned crap, with the only selling point an annoyingly catchy tune.
    May I just add these to the list

Mellow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexgeist)
    not sure if it's a style as such but the eurovision contest every time.
    That might be classed as europop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Are you familiar with nu-soul?
    Yes, and those are some lovely songs, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!!

All those styles where they just scream into the microphone and claim that they're making music (screamo, a few heavy metal songs are like that as well). You're bloody not!! It's just noise, it's not beautiful, it's not meaningful, it's just pure anger. Go to anger management for heavens sake. (And yes, I realise that's probably hypocritical since I'm in the middle of a great big rant but hey, I'm not the one claiming it's music and not a thunderstorm.)

And before any of you ask, I'm not a fluffy pop obsessed type, I'll listen to whatever takes my fancy, but I don't appreciate people trying to claim that making the microphone produce some major feedback counts as talent. I also don't appreciate Justin Bieber claiming that he has any talent whatsoever, and that he has the ability to pull off saying "shawty". No, Justine, you can't! Give it up.

And breathe. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Lil'Wayne. talentless waste of DNA

ReputationRep:
    I hate all forms of music other than experimental noise/drone music

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    That might be classed as europop.
    Blargh that bad cheesy stuff, I mean come on Jordon=music, pfft! Though fun to watch and laugh at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexgeist)
    Blargh that bad cheesy stuff, I mean come on Jordon=music, pfft! Though fun to watch and laugh at them
    lol, yeah, load of crap like most pop in my opinion but I quite like Marina and the Diamonds which I believe is Indie pop.

ReputationRep:
    I hate: Rap, Hip Hop, modern R&B, every sort of metal, X Factor contestants.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.