Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any music style you just can't stand? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    to all the people who hate dubstep give this a listen and reconsider
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEkvbRmfrA

oh and im not a great fan of dubstep myself, but its easily better than indie/pop on a night out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGosling1234)
    metal does have a melody though...
    :facepalm:

I never said it didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    :facepalm:

I never said it didn't.
    Also any seriously heavy metal that is just purely screaming/shouting, thrashy guitars and no melody.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at all the ignorant retards who know **** all about metal

ReputationRep:
    Also any seriously heavy metal that is just purely screaming/shouting, thrashy guitars and no melody.
    I can't even be bothered to explain myself. :facepalm:

But for your benefit: I listen to metal. Some of it I cannot listen to, however, because I find it too overpowering, and some of it, NOT ALL, has a lack of melody. I never said what you are implying.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even be bothered to explain myself. :facepalm:

But for your benefit: I listen to metal. Some of it I cannot listen to, however, because I find it too overpowering, and some of it, NOT ALL, has a lack of melody. I never said what you are implying.
    fair enough, did confuse me for a while though
    i've never had so many facepalms in a day

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, did confuse me for a while though
    i've never had so many facepalms in a day

Sorry, I'm grumpy, my posts are very rude, I'm not meaning to be I'm just grumpy and tired, apologies :o:

And I tend to confuse people a lot, apologies for that too. :o:

Maybe I should just go to bed. :facepalm: (at myself. Not you. :p:)

Also I checked out that Burial - Archangel link you posted - very good. I am impressed. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Sorry, I'm grumpy, my posts are very rude, I'm not meaning to be I'm just grumpy and tired, apologies :o:

And I tend to confuse people a lot, apologies for that too. :o:

Maybe I should just go to bed. :facepalm: (at myself. Not you. :p:)

Also I checked out that Burial - Archangel link you posted - very good. I am impressed. :yep:
    no offence was taken , infact, i love a good internet argument
    just maybe not at 1.30 in the morning :P
    god knows why i'm up as well, i blame the music again

yeahh its great, but only in small amounts, ive got mates who listen to that sort of music all day :O

oh and i shouldve checked your music taste before, nightwish
    as well as lost prophetsm killswitch engage etc

ReputationRep:
    no offence was taken , infact, i love a good internet argument
    just maybe not at 1.30 in the morning :P
    god knows why i'm up as well, i blame the music again

yeahh its great, but only in small amounts, ive got mates who listen to that sort of music all day :O
    I hate arguing, I get really riled up about it, it's pathetic. :o: And I would love to be able to respond in a witty way but I'm not witty, so. That never works. :p: And yes, arguing at this hour seems a little futile. :p:

Blame the music, oh yes. :p: I'm blaming my parents - I had to pick them up because they went out with friends....and then of course having had to stay awake to drive properly I am now fully awake, and yet knackered. xD

I quite like that song, I'm gonna check out a few more songs.. it doesn't remind me of the typical dubstep I hear. :yep: At the moment I really am into liquid though. I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    oh and i shouldve checked your music taste before, nightwish
    as well as lost prophetsm killswitch engage etc
    Hehe, no problem. Lostprophets are crap now. -_- I really want to find more bands like Killswitch. And Nightwish were brilliant live. There are more, those are just the ones I play in my car, I can only have a certain amount of cds in there aha. xD Literally I must have about 50 in there, when people get in it's like ...sorry cds, you have to make room for people. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I hate arguing, I get really riled up about it, it's pathetic. :o: And I would love to be able to respond in a witty way but I'm not witty, so. That never works. :p: And yes, arguing at this hour seems a little futile. :p:

Blame the music, oh yes. :p: I'm blaming my parents - I had to pick them up because they went out with friends....and then of course having had to stay awake to drive properly I am now fully awake, and yet knackered. xD

I quite like that song, I'm gonna check out a few more songs.. it doesn't remind me of the typical dubstep I hear. :yep: At the moment I really am into liquid though. I don't know why.
    ahaha i know how you feel

i cant think of many other artists similar to burial as its not quite up my street, sorry about that

yeah ive been through my liquid phase
    best songs ive found are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfZlBv9D9s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvfysP0Bhf4

think these all count as liquid (first one is the best)

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, no problem. Lostprophets are crap now. -_- I really want to find more bands like Killswitch. And Nightwish were brilliant live. There are more, those are just the ones I play in my car, I can only have a certain amount of cds in there aha. xD Literally I must have about 50 in there, when people get in it's like ...sorry cds, you have to make room for people. :rolleyes:
    yeah lost prophets have been getting worse each album, i actually couldn't stand liberation transmission
    i didnt see nightwish when tarja was in them but they are still amazing still
    and killswitch sort of have their own sound, difficult to find bands that are very similar, sadly

mmmm cds, brings back some memories of my massive cd player and bag of cds i used to lug about with me

ReputationRep:
    ahaha i know how you feel

i cant think of many other artists similar to burial as its not quite up my street, sorry about that

yeah ive been through my liquid phase
    best songs ive found are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfZlBv9D9s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvfysP0Bhf4

think these all count as liquid (first one is the best)
    I've heard the B-Complex one! So good I have this studio mix that's like an hour long.. Different Kind of Masochist or something. Currently in the process of checking out the other two. Thanks

Have you heard Netsky too? Aahh so good. :yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svW2KL-9KQI

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the B-Complex one! So good I have this studio mix that's like an hour long.. Different Kind of Masochist or something. Currently in the process of checking out the other two. Thanks

Have you heard Netsky too? Aahh so good. :yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svW2KL-9KQI
    netsky is amazing!
    and im pretty sure hes only been about for a year or so which is even more impressive

ReputationRep:
    yeah lost prophets have been getting worse each album, i actually couldn't stand liberation transmission
    i didnt see nightwish when tarja was in them but they are still amazing still
    and killswitch sort of have their own sound, difficult to find bands that are very similar, sadly

mmmm cds, brings back some memories of my massive cd player and bag of cds i used to lug about with me
    Ugh I know what you mean. Liberation Transmission is dreadful. And after that... bleugh.

I didn't see them with Tarja either unfortunately, would have loved to! But Anette was still amazing

I know, that's the thing with them - I love Killswitch for being different but I want to hear more like them - or at least they should release more albums

Haha nice. :p: God knows how I'm gonna cope at uni. I'm having to limit myself to taking the most important ones. ...that narrows it down. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    netsky is amazing!
    and im pretty sure hes only been about for a year or so which is even more impressive
    I know! So so good. I believe he's playing in Leicester after I get there so I wanna check him out.

Edit: And ooh. 600th post. Get me.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I know what you mean. Liberation Transmission is dreadful. And after that... bleugh.

I didn't see them with Tarja either unfortunately, would have loved to! But Anette was still amazing

I know, that's the thing with them - I love Killswitch for being different but I want to hear more like them - or at least they should release more albums

Haha nice. :p: God knows how I'm gonna cope at uni. I'm having to limit myself to taking the most important ones. ...that narrows it down. :rolleyes:
    splash out on an ipod those new touch nanos are laaaavely
    right, sleep calls, night for me at least :P
    hopefully people don't get too annoyed at our wildly off topic conversations
    enjoy the liquid :woo:

ReputationRep:
    splash out on an ipod those new touch nanos are laaaavely
    right, sleep calls, night for me at least :P
    hopefully people don't get too annoyed at our wildly off topic conversations
    enjoy the liquid :woo:
    I have an ipod! 32gb's worth.. I'm just a complete and utter cd fiend :o:

Yeah I ought to too. Have to be up at 8, laaavely. :rolleyes:

Hahah, apologies for thread hijacking OP

Thanks, I shall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on rap and hip-hop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    "Dionk" music

All the people saying they hate metal, I can pretty much guarantee haven't listened to more than 2/3 songs.
    This.

Usually they'll skip to halfway through the song, hear a scream/growl or whatever and turn it off within about 2 seconds and bang, whole genre is "****" :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.