Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any music style you just can't stand? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep, classic rock, RnB, death metal.

ReputationRep:
    Heavy metal. I like one song in that genre and that's Slipknot's Duality, other than that, it's all a bunch of noise by some angry men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)
    Indeed, because it's all "noise" apparently. :rolleyes:

Personally I can't stand most rap/rnb/popular/country.

I listen to most sub genres of indie/punk/rock/metal and also drum n bass (preferably with no MCing but the occasional one can be good).

Yea, and they all have "no talent" apparently...Screaming and shouting properly is harder than singing normally. Most of them don't realise that metal has already been around a good 30-40years and will still be around in the same amount of time after all their ****** RnB, pop **** will have died a death in the next two.

I do quite like DnB and dubstep but yea, prefer it without the MC'ing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    What you mean a falsetto? I have to see although this has been a thread full of dumb misinformed views this comes top. Here was me thinking that the incredible song writing and instrumentation of some R n' B as well as the sheer inventiveness and creativity of certain artists was a redeeming quality, but I guess I was wrong :rolleyes:
    You say falsetto, I say balls-in-a-vice.

I agree that the songwriting is incredible; it completely lacks any artistic credibility. I've rarely heard an R'n'B song where the subject matter is any deeper than some guy wanting to see a woman's 'booty' shake, or him crying like a ***** because his 'baby' has left him.

As for instrumentation - drum machines, synths and sampling. Talentless, unskilled, unworthy to be called music.

R'n'B 'music' is really the most degenerate, base, worthless noise you could ever listen to; entirely fitting that it has been taken up as the soundtrack to the most degenerate, base, worthless generation of youth yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterdanceX)
    You have posted all my favorite bands and songs! :yep:
    Whoop whoop, someone with sense! Thank you :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Heavy metal. I like one song in that genre and that's Slipknot's Duality, other than that, it's all a bunch of noise by some angry men.
    Hah! That isn't metal, listen to some Maiden, Sabbath, Megadeth, et cetera.

ReputationRep:
    Do people actually ever listen to metal? Or do they just hear screaming and turn it off? Sure there's some hideous, incredibly camp stuff in there, but a lot of the instrumentation is really fantastic. People who like orchestral music tend to like metal for this very reason.

ReputationRep:
    If someone is screaming over music, I dislike it. It's not for me. I also can't stand fake emo bands (I can't think of a better name for them) like My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy, Paramore etc. Urban music can be pretty hit or miss, it depends on the song. Not a massive fan of the kid's Disney actors turned singers genre either, but then again I don't think I'm their intended audience. :p:

EDIT: What's with all the metal fans telling people to listen to it? If someone doesn't like metal, they don't like metal. Why don't you just accept that not everyone has the same taste in music as you?

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep Dubstep Dubstep Dubstep Dupstep Dubstep Dupstep Dupstep
    Its Repetitive noise.

ReputationRep:
    rap, rnb, hip hop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    If you could put 'Justin Bieber' into a genre of 'music' then it would be that.

ReputationRep:
    people that dont like hip hop dont understand it

ReputationRep:
    Don't really get Dubstep. It's just noise.

ReputationRep:
    exactly, I have no idea why people call stuff like screamo and slipknot metal let alone music... real metal is all about the technicality as well as the varying vocals, how can you say Rob Halford can't sing? Oh wait, you lot probably don't actually know who he is...

ReputationRep:
    how can you not like this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ReputationRep:
    lol. If anything was to prove that your opinion is misinformed and idiotic that post was it.
    You say falsetto, I say balls-in-a-vice.

I agree that the songwriting is incredible; it completely lacks any artistic credibility. I've rarely heard an R'n'B song where the subject matter is any deeper than some guy wanting to see a woman's 'booty' shake, or him crying like a ***** because his 'baby' has left him.
    You've rarely heard any R n' B song formed around those topics because you have probably only listened to at most 2 genuine R n' B songs.
    As for instrumentation - drum machines, synths and sampling. Talentless, unskilled, unworthy to be called music.
    Another dumb misinformed comment. Firstly its based around the dumb and idiotic view that electronic music doesn't have any value and secondly because it is wrong.

listen to these songs and genuinely tell me that they are not well crafted
    R'n'B 'music' is really the most degenerate, base, worthless noise you could ever listen to; entirely fitting that it has been taken up as the soundtrack to the most degenerate, base, worthless generation of youth yet.
    O gosh. The typical pathetic middle class TSR rant. The whole "I'm so individual and unique unlike the rest of this generation of sheep" when in reality if you look through this thread you will find that your opinion is so generic and copy and paste that it is unreal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabregassed)
    how can you not like this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    whoops that didnt work

ReputationRep:
    I hate screamo, cos its just weird to me

D&b + darkstep + some other random shizz do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it'll work this time...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&am p;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uGHsxMqpL0c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&am p;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.