Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any music style you just can't stand? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    lol. If anything was to prove that your opinion is misinformed and idiotic that post was it.

You've rarely heard any R n' B song formed around those topics because you have probably only listened to at most 2 genuine R n' B songs.

Another dumb misinformed comment. Firstly its based around the dumb and idiotic view that electronic music doesn't have any value and secondly because it is wrong.

listen to these songs and genuinely tell me that they are not well crafted

O gosh. The typical pathetic middle class TSR rant. The whole "I'm so individual and unique unlike the rest of this generation of sheep" when in reality if you look through this thread you will find that your opinion is so generic and copy and paste that it is unreal
    I listened through all of those songs. They weren't musically offensive, but I wouldn't call them anything special. They have decent voices but there isn't anything about it I found powerful or rousing, and they sound very similar. The music - sorry I just don't like electronic music; I just don't recognize much skill in it, whereas if you listen to guitar that is something a human has made with string and a piece of wood, not a machine in a recording studio. It wasn't bad, just uninspired and uninspiring (to me) - certainly better than most R'n'B on the radio.

This is Iron Maiden, just listen to it - the vocals are rich, operatic, powerful, emotional and haven't been tweaked in the studio, the playing is skilled and fairly technical. The instrumental is just powerful in it's own right - it's not just a base for singing over which is what the R'n'B you showed me seemed like. To me it's just a superior genre when compared to R'n'B.

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep.

A heap of ******* nonsense I tell ya.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't so I just hyper-linked it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGHsxMqpL0c how can people say metal sucks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    I listened through all of those songs. They weren't musically offensive, but I wouldn't call them anything special. They have decent voices but there isn't anything about it I found powerful or rousing, and they sound very similar. The music - sorry I just don't like electronic music; I just don't recognize much skill in it, whereas if you listen to guitar that is something a human has made with string and a piece of wood, not a machine in a recording studio. It wasn't bad, just uninspired and uninspiring (to me) - certainly better than most R'n'B on the radio.

This is Iron Maiden, just listen to it - the vocals are rich, operatic, powerful, emotional and haven't been tweaked in the studio, the playing is skilled and fairly technical. The instrumental is just powerful in it's own right - it's not just a base for singing over which is what the R'n'B you showed me seemed like. To me it's just a superior genre when compared to R'n'B.

can we put necrophiliac on so, so they complain about the lyrics?

ReputationRep:

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabregassed)
    couldn't so I just hyper-linked it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGHsxMqpL0c how can people say metal sucks?
    I don't really like that song, it's OK, just not my sort of thing. I'm not really a metal fan anyway, but some is cool. For example, I quite like System of a Down, and also some of the stuff mc1000 posted in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Same goes for you how did it go?
    Didn't get into med school, but i got my 3 A's.... Doing biochem at imperial while applying for medicine again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    :toofunny:
    Who needs an argument when you have smilies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I don't really like that song, it's OK, just not my sort of thing. I'm not really a metal fan anyway, but some is cool. For example, I quite like System of a Down, and also some of the stuff mc1000 posted in this thread.
    I have no problem with people who don't like metal, I just don't like it when people say it sucks when they haven't even heard anything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    You're giving me Nas and et al? That just strengthens my point.
    ........:/ what you on about nas is one of the most lyrical emcees around and his musicc is somewhat political...... just take a look at distant relatives...... or god's son and 'new world'

and i listen too sorts of music including metal and i gotta say hip-hop is the most enlightening out of the lot...... that's if you move away from the chart ********

ReputationRep:
    Who needs an argument when you have smilies?
    ikr :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anything on the radio really

And rap, hip-hop, death metal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterdanceX)
    I love Metal, I'm guessing the people you hate it has only heard of one Slipnot song, and thinks it all sucks, have you not heard of Nightwish, Delain (a very under rated band), Pain, Tarot? I don't think so.
    I love Delain! Nobody has heard of them over here it seems. But yeah it's annoying when people just generalise metal after hearing 10 seconds of one death metal song. Metal is such a diverse genre and as you said, go and listen to someone like Nightwish if you think all metal is just rororororor.

I don't mind growling though I don't listen to many bands that do it. The only ones I really like are Eluveitie and Epica.

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep and the piece of **** in music that is garage (or grime). Tinie Tempah, Skepta...all embarassingly bad.

ReputationRep:
    I HATE dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curzon)
    I love Delain! Nobody has heard of them over here it seems. But yeah it's annoying when people just generalise metal after hearing 10 seconds of one death metal song. Metal is such a diverse genre and as you said, go and listen to someone like Nightwish if you think all metal is just rororororor.

I don't mind growling though I don't listen to many bands that do it. The only one I really like is Eluveitie.
    As a serious hiphop fan I can really sympathise with your position. I've never really listened to metal out of lack of interest to be honest, but I'll give it a go if you can suggest some good bands/songs to get started on.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on people, Death Metal can be good.
    e.g.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outlaw-torn)
    Dubstep :angry:
    This:thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:

I'm not a huge rnb fan but the songs that other guy posted were beautiful. Maybe they speak of things that you just arent interested in as rnb has a gospel quality to it. Personally I dont like the rage in metal. I dont like to be moved by anger in music. I like to feel like I'm on a journey (electronic music) through sound or happy or sexy. I dont think you can listen to electronic music in the same way you can to a "song". Its all about creating tension and different textures to give you a aural "journey"

I really dont like the rnb of today. Rnb had a golden age of between 1993 and 2003/4 and I hate the autotune and oneness all the songs seem to have nowadays.

I dont like indie/rock music much either. It just doesnt excite me. Dare I say it, I dont really like the texture of the music. Too guitar based, I like to hear music lead by other instruments and a richer combination of instruments.

Not a fan of pop dance music either. Just seems really catchy in a tacky way and over cliched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Oh come on people, Death Metal can be good.
    e.g.
    That sounds rather grating to me, exactly what I dislike, sorry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.