Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any music style you just can't stand? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I quite like this thread, it's so hilarious! :rofl:

A student forum full of ignorant, close-minded people, who seem to think otherwise about themselves :lol:
    I don't get it. How is stating your opinion ignorant? Kick me by all means if I got the wrong end of the stick. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Rap except for Eminem. He's the only rapper with talent due to his songwriting.
    Oh Lord. Wu-Tang Clan, Ice Cube, Nas...You clearly haven't listened closely to a lot of rap.

As for the OP, I loathe punk pop like Blink 182 and Sum 41 - just sickeningly bad, especially the lyrics. I'm also a bit cold with regards to shoegazing.

ReputationRep:
    Most stuff on the radio, mainstream things etc.
    Emo bands (screamo emo bands in particular)
    Mainstream rap, hip hop, r&b

Has been said before, but people saying that they don't like metal because a) they cant understand them and b) lumping all metal under bands such as slipknot etc no nothing about metal music in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    I don't get it. How is stating your opinion ignorant? Kick me by all means if I got the wrong end of the stick. :confused:
    No, it's not stating an opinion alone that's ignorant. It's just the actual opinions of certain people that I find really ignorant. I'm not too bothered to start an argument, it's just that I'm perplexed at how so many people can call R&B crap and meaningless when the likes of Alicia Keys, India.Arie, Laura Izibor and Beyonce exist. But meh, I guess people can think what they think, it's just music after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    As for the OP, I loathe punk pop like Blink 182 and Sum 41 - just sickeningly bad, especially the lyrics. I'm also a bit cold with regards to shoegazing.
    I agree with this. Nothing worse than annoying kids who think that Blink 182 and Sum 41 are "awesome punk bands". Punk? PUNK? They need to listen to real punk bands like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ everyone throwing screamo/death metal/metal terms around without a clue

The only style I'm not massively keen on is indie, and even then I dislike the fans more than the music

Every genre has some merit to it, and can be enjoyed, even mainstream pop

ReputationRep:
    dance
    death metal
    gothic stuff
    british rap
    coldplay
    most contemporary music
    anything that sounds like coldplay
    techno
    modern pop punk
    modern chart rock

ReputationRep:
    Autotune.

ReputationRep:
    The kind where the man is being all fake-tough in the front, rapping to himself, cursing every 5 seconds, and the stereotypical "beautiful" girls in the background adoring the rapper...

*shudder*

ReputationRep:
    Suicidal death metal.

If you want to kill yourself, then do it. No-one is stopping you. At least stop turning your incessant moaning into jarring noise.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if it's a style as such but the eurovision contest every time.

ReputationRep:
    Hiphop and rap, screamo, pretentious poser emo bands whose main fans are rabid teenagers.

Oh and RnB, it's so generic.

That is all

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not stating an opinion alone that's ignorant. It's just the actual opinions of certain people that I find really ignorant. I'm not too bothered to start an argument, it's just that I'm perplexed at how so many people can call R&B crap and meaningless when the likes of Alicia Keys, India.Arie, Laura Izibor and Beyonce exist. But meh, I guess people can think what they think, it's just music after all.
    Exactly. The metal people could argue exactly the same way you argued (albeit changing a few names).

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand how people enjoy music such as.... bring me the horizon, et cetera. It's just terrible! I don't understand who would want to listen to that kind of thing. And I like most music! Including types of metal, hip-hop, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Hiphop and rap, screamo, pretentious poser emo bands whose main fans are rabid teenagers.

Oh and RnB, it's so generic.

That is all

ReputationRep:
    tinie tempah and justin bieber
    everything else is fine
    some genres more than others obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Exactly. The metal people could argue exactly the same way you argued (albeit changing a few names).
    Yeah, I do agree. And I'm not one of the people who called metal bad either. Only certain subgenres of it I really dislike and can't get into, but some metal is nice though. Which leads me to the conclusion that, if you're open-minded enough, you'll know that there's good and bad in pretty much every genre, even if you do want to have faves. OK, people can think what they like, but on hearing people knock the whole of R&B, I can't help but always think this: :rofl: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do agree. And I'm not one of the people who called metal bad either. Only certain subgenres of it I really dislike and can't get into, but some metal is nice though. Which leads me to the conclusion that, if you're open-minded enough, you'll know that there's good and bad in pretty much every genre, even if you do want to have faves. OK, people can think what they like, but on hearing people knock the whole of R&B, I can't help but always think this: :rofl: :facepalm2:
    This exactly.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I can't believe the people calling R&B crap. Seems like all you've heard is Jason Derulo, Sean Kingston and Iyaz :laugh:

Fair enough if it's not your favourite genre, but seriously though, for anyone interested, would you listen to these songs and call them crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=equvoqUT1VM&ob=av2n
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJDleYBGNo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLshMAClrEY&ob=av2e
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG8QgSzY3nI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwccN7_ufI&ob=av2n

Make of it what you will, but I think most genres tend to have stuff that's good and stuff that's bad.
    Agreed!

I think hating R'n'B is an ignorant statement as all theyve heard is that found on present day radio.

I mean how can you hate Boys 2 men, Kci and JoJo, Genuine etc..!!

ReputationRep:
    opera,drives me crazy :crazy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.