Turn on thread page Beta

it started off really well, all the girls in my flat got on but 2 of the girls have become a lot closer and quite clingy to each other. The other girl is really really nice but has a boyf who was here last night so wasnt with us so i felt like the spare part. we were with a bigger group of guys but they stick together a bit.
    Also i am trying not to be quiet/shy but sometimes i find it hard like last night i just couldnt think of anything to say but wanted to as dont want to be known as the quiet one....any tips?
    the lads i also sometimes (less than i thought though i feel i have nothing to say). I want to be more confident and talk more around boys but feel sometimes i struggle. A few nights ago i spoke to a guy and he asked for my no, and we texted and at first suggested meeting but i couldnt and now on fb chat doesnt talk or when we text i always do first. is this just what guys are like?
    its the ball tonight and i hope to talk to more people than my flat mates so hopefully i will feel happier
    also joined the gym and a few sports societies tomorrow so meet more people and actual start lectures.
    am i worrying over nothing? will i begin to meet more people other than those in my flat more this week than last?
    thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's still early days at the moment. You are doing the right thing. Hope it all works out soon!

ReputationRep:
    KayleeLand is right, it's all still early, everything settles down after a couple of weeks.

Just take the first few weeks to get WAY out of your comfort zone - talk to loads of people, down worry about the fact that you might feel a little silly at times.
    Come the end of your time at Uni you won't even remember about 90% of the people you talked to in those first few weeks or most of the stupid stuff you did. But that other 10% that you got on with, made an effort to be friends with and they made the same effort, will be awesome friends - that'll probably know too much about you for your liking.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.