Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things that I can and can't bring on an Airplane. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can I actually bring these things:
    -Tennis racquet
    -Iron (shirt)

also, the plane mentioned that I have only around 30kg max for luggage or if I exceed that, they will charge me for additional weight. Now is this for one luggage or I can have more then one luggage but I can't exceed the maximum 30kg given? Say luggage A is 15kg and luggage B is 15kg.

Sorry. First timer on a plane here :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can pack them, just probably not in your hand luggage.

Also most airlines specify that you can have no more than one hold bag.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the Iron, but the racket should be fine, i took mine on holiday a few years ago. Why do you need to take an iron?

ReputationRep:
    Might aswell add a jar of Branston pickle in.

Can - Small hand lugage

Cant - bombs

ReputationRep:
    Can - pack of wrigley chewing gums
    Cant - Shoe bomb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yeah you can pack them, just probably not in your hand luggage.

Also most airlines specify that you can have no more than one hold bag.
    Actually I have 3 seperate bags: My laptop bag on my shoulder, my hand luggage, and the tennis beg. Would that be a problem?

(Original post by Gwalchgwyn)
    Not sure about the Iron, but the racket should be fine, i took mine on holiday a few years ago. Why do you need to take an iron?
    Owh I'm moving from my house so I do need to iron for time to time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)
    Actually I have 3 seperate bags: My laptop bag on my shoulder, my hand luggage, and the tennis beg. Would that be a problem?
    Ask your airline.

ReputationRep:
    Bring Snakes

ReputationRep:
    Most airlines I've flown with let you have one piece of hand luggage only. Sometimes they'll let you get away with a main piece of hand luggage and a handbag or laptop case. I've never heard of an airline that would let you have three pieces. So you'd either have to fit the laptop case into your main hang luggage and check you can carry the tennis racquet as a second piece, or put the tennis racquet in the hold.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.