Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone have any reviews about fitness first?

I am doing this as my course requires fitness test at interview (paramedic science)

Also, whats the cheapest package they offer :L i am on a budget.

ReputationRep:
    Phone them for their prices, they vary from club to club.

ReputationRep:
    I work at a leisure centre and i'm pretty sure we use them, its £31.50 a month and that includes use of the pool/gym/fitness classes. I think it's 12.50 for sole pool use and 21.99 for sole gym use.

ReputationRep:
    If your a student you will have free joining i.e. no joining fee. and the cheapest membership which i believe was around £24/month the last time i was with them 2 years ago. gym wise, its not the best for weightlifting/ bodybuilding. known as womans gym u must hav heard the phrase, if not you'l hear it. for all round, genral fitness at a low price then fitness first if the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member and I am quite a fan so far. Go and have a look around, and don't take the first price they offer - if you umm and ahh a little bit they will offer you a better rate.

I've only been a member of one other gym and that was abroad, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I'd say that it's not too busy and has a great exercise class schedule. I had to pay £34.95 as a sort of joining fee, but for that I get three 45-minute sessions with a personal trainer, and if I go to the gym at least 20 times in the first eight weeks I get that money back anyway. The personal trainer is helpful in giving me a varied routine, which I really appreciate as otherwise I'd just be doing the same old stuff. I do two of the classes - Body Pump and Zumba - and they're pretty fun.

Anyway, I like it. My mum is a member of Virgin Active and she says she has to book a place on the classes at least a week in advance! But that's my local one, so I don't know if it's the same everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    DW Sports > Fitness First, if it's in your area that is.

£19/month for students and LOTS of great facilities.

ReputationRep:
    the gym facilities are top notch and all. and the people in the gym are nice too.

my contract is 34.50 for 12months, no joining on free (student) and £40 worth of vouchers for protein shakes. the funny thing is, everyone who joins this gym gets different offers, i think they just make prices up on the spot sometimes.

but if you cant handle 12 months, and think gym isnt for you after 1 month or a few weeks. then getting out is REALLY hard. my friend decided that he wasnt bothered for gym after about a month, and fitness first didnt let him go, and made him pay out the remainder of his contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plt_KVP)
    the gym facilities are top notch and all. and the people in the gym are nice too.

my contract is 34.50 for 12months, no joining on free (student) and £40 worth of vouchers for protein shakes. the funny thing is, everyone who joins this gym gets different offers, i think they just make prices up on the spot sometimes.

but if you cant handle 12 months, and think gym isnt for you after 1 month or a few weeks. then getting out is REALLY hard. my friend decided that he wasnt bothered for gym after about a month, and fitness first didnt let him go, and made him pay out the remainder of his contract.
    That is kinda the point of the contract!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.