Turn on thread page Beta

Fitness First Experience Please watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone have any reviews about fitness first?

I am doing this as my course requires fitness test at interview (paramedic science)

Also, whats the cheapest package they offer :L i am on a budget.

ReputationRep:
    Phone them for their prices, they vary from club to club.

ReputationRep:
    I work at a leisure centre and i'm pretty sure we use them, its £31.50 a month and that includes use of the pool/gym/fitness classes. I think it's 12.50 for sole pool use and 21.99 for sole gym use.

ReputationRep:
    If your a student you will have free joining i.e. no joining fee. and the cheapest membership which i believe was around £24/month the last time i was with them 2 years ago. gym wise, its not the best for weightlifting/ bodybuilding. known as womans gym u must hav heard the phrase, if not you'l hear it. for all round, genral fitness at a low price then fitness first if the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member and I am quite a fan so far. Go and have a look around, and don't take the first price they offer - if you umm and ahh a little bit they will offer you a better rate.

I've only been a member of one other gym and that was abroad, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I'd say that it's not too busy and has a great exercise class schedule. I had to pay £34.95 as a sort of joining fee, but for that I get three 45-minute sessions with a personal trainer, and if I go to the gym at least 20 times in the first eight weeks I get that money back anyway. The personal trainer is helpful in giving me a varied routine, which I really appreciate as otherwise I'd just be doing the same old stuff. I do two of the classes - Body Pump and Zumba - and they're pretty fun.

Anyway, I like it. My mum is a member of Virgin Active and she says she has to book a place on the classes at least a week in advance! But that's my local one, so I don't know if it's the same everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    DW Sports > Fitness First, if it's in your area that is.

£19/month for students and LOTS of great facilities.

ReputationRep:
    the gym facilities are top notch and all. and the people in the gym are nice too.

my contract is 34.50 for 12months, no joining on free (student) and £40 worth of vouchers for protein shakes. the funny thing is, everyone who joins this gym gets different offers, i think they just make prices up on the spot sometimes.

but if you cant handle 12 months, and think gym isnt for you after 1 month or a few weeks. then getting out is REALLY hard. my friend decided that he wasnt bothered for gym after about a month, and fitness first didnt let him go, and made him pay out the remainder of his contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plt_KVP)
    the gym facilities are top notch and all. and the people in the gym are nice too.

my contract is 34.50 for 12months, no joining on free (student) and £40 worth of vouchers for protein shakes. the funny thing is, everyone who joins this gym gets different offers, i think they just make prices up on the spot sometimes.

but if you cant handle 12 months, and think gym isnt for you after 1 month or a few weeks. then getting out is REALLY hard. my friend decided that he wasnt bothered for gym after about a month, and fitness first didnt let him go, and made him pay out the remainder of his contract.
    That is kinda the point of the contract!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.