The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
balloon_parade
I work as a Science presenter for Mad Science which is £20p/h, it's a pretty cool job!

What are your skills/interests OP?

Wow I dream is to be a TV scientist, How did you get the job? I'd love a job like that
T-Toe
Wow I dream is to be a TV scientist, How did you get the job? I'd love a job like that

Dont know if its what balloon_parade is talking about but:
Mad Science South West Ltd
Mad Science part time instructor

Location: Bristol, Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset
Duties: To present science to primary school children in a fun and dynamic way. Must be enthusiastic & confident in presenting live interactive educational programmes & activities
Skills: Looking for those with experience working with children, who are creative and enthusiastic whilst being responsible and reliable. An interest in science is a must but no specific science background necessary as full training will be given.

Hours: Flexible / Part time - up to 8 lessons/show per week
Duration: Subject to availability
Rate: £7 per hour upwards
How to apply: You can apply online at www.madscience.org/sweng
I'm a waitress. :smile: I work five hours a week on a Friday night so it doesn't affect my A-level work too much and although the pay isn't brilliant, if you add on any tips you can get it can be a pretty good little earner. Last night, for example, I did 3 tables (still "in training" so I'm quite slow, not allowed full sections yet and get to wear a funky badge telling everyone I'm incompetent at my job! :p:) and made £36.

Alternatively, I have friends who work in call centres, in deli shops, and kids soft play areas amongst other things.

The lifeguard job sounds good. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
midpikyrozziy
How do I find a job in admin? Nothing on the websites, so does that mean there's nothing going, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Try http://www.reed.co.uk/.
The right search (area, sector etc.) should come up with the right results. :smile: Good luck.
HCA - £6.45 an hour
Bar staff - £5 an hour was fun tho
Reply 45
Jennie1987
Dont know if its what balloon_parade is talking about but:
Mad Science South West Ltd
Mad Science part time instructor

Location: Bristol, Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset
Duties: To present science to primary school children in a fun and dynamic way. Must be enthusiastic & confident in presenting live interactive educational programmes & activities
Skills: Looking for those with experience working with children, who are creative and enthusiastic whilst being responsible and reliable. An interest in science is a must but no specific science background necessary as full training will be given.

Hours: Flexible / Part time - up to 8 lessons/show per week
Duration: Subject to availability
Rate: £7 per hour upwards
How to apply: You can apply online at www.madscience.org/sweng

Thank you! Pos rep is coming your way :biggrin:
T-Toe

Lol thanks, kinda wish you had more rep power though! Hope its something that works out for you
I waitress at a hotel - the hotel hosting this year's Ryder Cup infact! :smile: I found out about it through their website
midpikyrozziy
Anyone have/had any well paid part time jobs that weren't working in some shop? How did you find them?

Bar jobs.

You can pick and choose shifts.
Just take round loads of cv's and hope someone likes you.
T-Toe

Yep, Jennie91987 is completely right. Although I get £20 per session the £7p/h was just for the training!

Good luck! x
Reply 50
I' d defintey go for lifeguard, it's not tiring, well paid, not stressful as a catering job and it's plenty of offers. I did my lifeguard qualification when I was in London at london leisure college almost for free as that time I was under 18 but you can get a sponsorship from an employer. WOrth a try.
Lifeguard courses in London
I just got a (very) temporary job as a Survey Assistant for a building surveying company - it's only for a week but it's 40 hours at £7.50 p/h. I'm hoping that if I do well, something a bit more permanent may come out of it... I'm going to be walking around the Luton campus of the University of Bedfordshire, counting the number of people in certain rooms, and entering the info onto a handheld computer - I've got to do the round of rooms every hour from 8/9 - 5.

Latest

Trending

Trending