Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've had a call from Argos asking me to come in on Monday at 6-8pm for a group interview.

-What should I wear
    -What's a group interview
    -Should I be confident or quiet
    -Should I be cheerful or serious
    -Any other tips

I had a interview at Clinton Card's the other day and fudged the interview right up. I'm looking to be perfect for this one.

Thanks, and it's for a christmas temp job by the way.

I'm 17 and go to college if that helps

ReputationRep:
    -What should I wear
    Ring up and ask, or play it safe and dress smart
    Exactly what it says on the tin - an interview with more than one person
    Confident but not too quiet or loud
    Serious with these questions? Why the polar opposite suggestions? Be friendly and approachable but aim to do well in the questions/tasks
    -Any other tips
    Be prepared - know the company and the role and how you can demonstrate you're suitable for the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Hi, I've had a call from Argos asking me to come in on Monday at 6-8pm for a group interview.

-What should I wear
    -Any other tips

Hiya,
    I just had a group interview at Argos and got the job so I'll try and help you.

What to wear? I went smart but other people were there in jeans but they had come straight from school. Smart makes an impression that you care though.
    What's a group interview? In mine we did an activity in a group. We split into two groups and then we had to design something. Then we had a 10 minute individual interview at the end.
    Confident or quiet? I was quite quiet but you can try to be confident. Its important to show you can work well in a team so go for in the middle but its up to you, which you think will work best in a team.
    Cheerful or serious? I was quite cheerful, laughing if anything funny was said when we were working in our groups. Just trying to make it seem as if I was involved. Don't act too serious but don't act as if you couldn't care less.
    Any other tips? Work well in a group, thats really important and be helpful.

Good luck and fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)

-What should I wear
    -Any other tips

I had a interview at Clinton Card's the other day and fudged the interview right up. I'm looking to be perfect for this one.

Thanks, and it's for a christmas temp job by the way.

I'm 17 and go to college if that helps
    I worked for Argos twice. So i'll tell you what I know.

- Again, wear smart clothes everyone else will be in smart trousers and top so don't be the one to wear jeans lol.

- There will be about 8 of you and you'll have to do a group task with about 3-4 other people. The first time I went we had to teach each other to juggle, the second time we had to design an alien or something stupid like that. Just to see how we work with others.

- Definitely be confident, they will explain most of the job roll to the group and you might watch some DVDs as a group etc, so try and think of a question or two but leave some for the 1 on 1 interview.

- They will ask mostly generic questions so just tell them what they want to hear really, but not robotic. But generally, be happy and cheerful.

- Argos is a great place to work for in my experience so try your best. Is it just for Xmas? Or is it a permanent job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    In mine we did an activity in a group. We split into two groups and then we had to design something. Then we had a 10 minute individual interview at the end.
    Hiya, well done on getting the job!
    I have an interview with Argos on tues, providing I'm unsuccessful with Next when I hear back from them this weekend.
    Can I ask, were you asked to invent something from scratch or were you given any info/guidance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Hiya, well done on getting the job!
    I have an interview with Argos on tues, providing I'm unsuccessful with Next when I hear back from them this weekend.
    Can I ask, were you asked to invent something from scratch or were you given any info/guidance?
    It was basically from scratch but it sounds like they vary what you have to do every time they do an interview. It wasn't a product or anything. It tends to be common sense (well ours was) but have a look at their values and stuff as that might help if you do have to design something. But as long as you can show that you can work in a team then it should be fine. I don't really want to say what it was unless they track me and I wasn't meant to say anything and then I get in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really help out with the interview as I didn't have an interview but all I can say is Argos can be a really good place to work, just be prepared to be off your feet at christmas! Good luck.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.