Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your interpretation on this, please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an international student and I will be starting my course on the 4th October. I am having troubles regarding to the tenancy contract of specific properties.

One of the property is a Student House Share and has 1 INDIVIDUAL ROOM TO LET IN A 8 BEDROOM. I enquired the agency about what this meant and they refer this as a Individual Tenancy Agreement where I'm only liable for my own rent and no one elses. But it not state Individual tenancy agreement in description.

I also ask more information on another property that is a STUDENT HOUSE SHARE where 1 ROOM AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUAL TENANCY AGREEMENTS IN 7 BEDROOM.

They stated, this is a Joint and Several Tenancy agreement, not an Individual Tenancy agreement, If someone moves out of the property, I will be liable for their rent.

It was the manager I was talking to but what doesn't make sense is... Joint and several is Individual and vice versa? I asked, was this a typo mistake?

Am i being scammed?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.