Turn on thread page Beta

Birthday present ideas, anyone? (An 18th) watch

ReputationRep:
    One of my closest friends is turning 18 this Wednesday, but I have to get her a present before I go away tomorrow, so it can't be anything i need to order.
    (I'm baking her a cake, too :p:)
    My budget is £35.
    She's a reasonably girly girl who likes musicals, disney, glee, prettifying herself etc., but I'm not confident enough to choose a perfume/piece of jewellery that I'm sure she would like.
    Any ideas!?

Thanks in advance, good citizens of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    For my sister's 18th I got her a really nice butterfly necklace from Topshop, was about £25 and was some brand (can't remember what brand) but I found it in Topshop.

I think jewellery is always a good present. Just get to the highstreet and have a look around.

ReputationRep:
    Get a shoe box, and put things in like bracelets/lipstick/eye make up/sweets/CDs she likes/itunes card/necklace/earrings etc, then fill the box with shredded paper so it's like a box of surprises. Then make the box pretty :P
    Thats what I did for my friend and she loved it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rananagirl)
    One of my closest friends is turning 18 this Wednesday, but I have to get her a present before I go away tomorrow, so it can't be anything i need to order.
    (I'm baking her a cake, too :p:)
    My budget is £35.
    She's a reasonably girly girl who likes musicals, disney, glee, prettifying herself etc., but I'm not confident enough to choose a perfume/piece of jewellery that I'm sure she would like.
    Any ideas!?

Thanks in advance, good citizens of TSR.
    Is she religious?

ReputationRep:
    A girl at my sixth form got two baby turtles for her 18th...

Maybe that's going a bit far.

ReputationRep:
    as part of a present to one of my best friends, i made them a mixtape of songs that have memories/mean things to us they loved it

ReputationRep:
    Well you know her better then us, any memorabilia from musicals she doesn't have but you imagine she might like?

As for jewellery well what does she wear now? Does she prefer silver or gold, plain jewellery or oversized gemstones(fake..) or what? Loop or stud earrings etc etc. If you have an Argos or something they have a hell of a lot of jewellery for every price point.

Otherwise just get her a nice looking varied make-up kit at around £30, I'm sure she'd make use of it, maybe like this and buy something else small?

http://www.boots.com/en/Cargo-6-in-t...-Left%20Nav-_-

I can only really tell you what I'd like as I don't know this girl. Personally for your £35 budget I would like...maybe a bonsai tree/ a tarantula(might want to let me guide the purchase)/ a large dream catcher(could get a few)/ a bottle of something nice such as Grey Goose or Knob creek.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly from another thread you're from Manchester?

The perfume shop in the Traff has a half-price sale on this week I think. They're calling it their 18th bonanza, so they've probably got some suitable but affordable girl-gifts. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.