Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls what if your new bf said he didnt want sex but a relationship based on emotion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    Please send him my way!! He would be the perfect guy!!
    you are gay.

i joke ofc.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think that's great that he doesn't want a relationship that is JUST based on sex. Well done to him! And no, that doesn't mean he is gay. To be honest, he sounds mature.

I'm sure he would like to have sex, but maybe he means he would like to get to know you more before anything like that happens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not all relationships are based on sex I think that it is sad that people cant have feelings for each other without sex, you guys talk about it like you are dogs.
    Sex is the way you show those feelings, it's the physical act of those feelings, it's why you feel those feelings.

Yes, all relationships are based on sex. Otherwise they wouldn't be relationships, you'd just be friends who sometimes hold hands.

ReputationRep:
    I'd try it out lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Sex is the way you show those feelings, it's the physical act of those feelings, it's why you feel those feelings.

Yes, all relationships are based on sex. Otherwise they wouldn't be relationships, you'd just be friends who sometimes hold hands.
    By your logic, people in relationships who have sex are 'just friends with benefits'

Yes, sex is a physical way to show these feelings. There are other physical ways, too. Kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc. And what about asexuals? They can have perfectly normal relationships just without sex.

ReputationRep:
    Consult him to a psychiatrist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immo.)
    By your logic, people in relationships who have sex are 'just friends with benefits'

Yes, sex is a physical way to show these feelings. There are other physical ways, too. Kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc. And what about asexuals? They can have perfectly normal relationships just without sex.
    Yes because the purpose of relationships is so we can all kiss hug and hold hands. You can do most of those with friends. Nobody cares about kissing, it's overrated, guys only do it if it leads onto something.

No because "friends with benefits" wouldn't be an exclusive sexual relationship, whereas most people have relationships in order to prevent their sexual partner from having sex with anyone else in order to keep the best sperm for themselves. Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is a very important part of a relationship to me and I won't enter a relationship with a guy who's not into it. I'm a fairly sexual person and sexual compatibility therefore matters quite a lot - even if I grew to love him, there'd always be frustration and resentment, which isn't healthy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume he was gay, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    as if that would ever happen. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Is pretending to not want sex so the girl feels sorry for him and 'introduces' him to it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Yes because the purpose of relationships is so we can all kiss hug and hold hands. You can do most of those with friends. Nobody cares about kissing, it's overrated, guys only do it if it leads onto something.

No because "friends with benefits" wouldn't be an exclusive sexual relationship, whereas most people have relationships in order to prevent their sexual partner from having sex with anyone else in order to keep the best sperm for themselves. Biology.
    And who said the purpose of a relationship is to have sex? Yes, it can be a great part of it, but it doesn't have to be had in one and the relationship's sole purpose shouldn't be to have sex.

"To keep the best sperm for themselves"? You do realise that Humans are one of two species who have sex for fun, right?
    IMO A friendship is normal love and Relationship is Romantic love and maybe sexual love.
    The sexual love shouldn't be the most important thing, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immo.)
    And who said the purpose of a relationship is to have sex? Yes, it can be a great part of it, but it doesn't have to be had in one and the relationship's sole purpose shouldn't be to have sex.

"To keep the best sperm for themselves"? You do realise that Humans are one of two species who have sex for fun, right?
    IMO A friendship is normal love and Relationship is Romantic love and maybe sexual love.
    The sexual love shouldn't be the most important thing, IMO.
    If humans only have sex for fun, why are they only interested in doing it with other humans who tick the right requirements for good genetics and virility? Humans THINK they're doing it for fun, but every action they do in relationships is dictated by their sub-concious instinctive wish to produce healthy offspring.

The purpose of maintaining exclusive relationships is solely for this reason, women wish to have a sexual partner who will potentially stick around to father their children. What's the point in relationships otherwise? Company?

You're biggest failure is by looking at this from a completely feminine perspective, they are solely your reasons for why you think relationships exist, the reason guys go into them in for potential "sex on tap"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teddybomb)
    I would say - 'You are gay.'
    And I'd say you're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Battyboi fi dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    And I'd say you're a ****.
    Oooh, hit me where it hurts.

I dont mean sex free for the entire duration but only for a couple of months while you got to know each other
    Then that's different I thought you meant forever.
    I thought the strongest relationships start off with knowing the person first before you spread your legs anyway. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be like, awwwww.

Then find out what his gripe with sex is.

ReputationRep:
    I would think he was gay.

ReputationRep:
    Say just after your started going out with him. Like based on love and emotion but no sex.
    hes gay

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.