Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls what if your new bf said he didnt want sex but a relationship based on emotion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    you are gay.

i joke ofc.
    lol. i'm just not too fond of sex, it reminds me of rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    lol. i'm just not too fond of sex, it reminds me of rape.
    huh:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Say just after your started going out with him. Like based on love and emotion but no sex.
    damn u are a lucky girl

I'm not a girl, by the way guys I am talking about just trying to experience a real connection even if its just for a few months
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd assume one of the following:

1. He's gay
    2. He's a pretentious ****
    3. He didn't find me attractive

All good reasons to leave quite quickly.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    Would be my face
    For I would be speechless

ReputationRep:
    Excellent - I lean towards being asexual, so as long as he was happy to have sex for purely procreational purposes should we remain together and want a child, I'd be really pleased with that.

ReputationRep:
    gayness all the way =)) either that .. or he's a girl ... oooh.. or impotent =))

ooy oy oy oy .. could you explain the difference between makin love and sex? mostly is the same bloody act.. just that "makin love' is a term invented by men to fool foolish girls .. way babe .. let;s make love and shag her like n animal =))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    If humans only have sex for fun, why are they only interested in doing it with other humans who tick the right requirements for good genetics and virility? Humans THINK they're doing it for fun, but every action they do in relationships is dictated by their sub-concious instinctive wish to produce healthy offspring.

The purpose of maintaining exclusive relationships is solely for this reason, women wish to have a sexual partner who will potentially stick around to father their children. What's the point in relationships otherwise? Company?

You're biggest failure is by looking at this from a completely feminine perspective, they are solely your reasons for why you think relationships exist, the reason guys go into them in for potential "sex on tap"
    Yet for some reason, people continue to have sex with infertile people, with people of the same sex etc. Your reasoning is floored. Anyway, several people don't want to have children even if they are in a fertile, opposite sex relationship.

The point of a relationship depends on the person in question. Clearly, for you, being in a relationship is to follow nature's instincts and reproduce or take part in activities that could lead to reproduction.
    The point of a relationship in my opinion is to feel secure in the fact that there is someone who cares for you in a way that no one else does.

And your biggest failure is thinking that every single man agrees with you on this. Again, the point of a relationship changes from person to person, but I think you'll find that a lot of women find people who think that a relationship is for "Sex on tap" disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    I mean maybe if he was a virgin or something, I wouldn't mind waiting a while for sex, but no sex, EVER? Pah, not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immo.)
    Yet for some reason, people continue to have sex with infertile people, with people of the same sex etc. Your reasoning is floored. Anyway, several people don't want to have children even if they are in a fertile, opposite sex relationship.

The point of a relationship depends on the person in question. Clearly, for you, being in a relationship is to follow nature's instincts and reproduce or take part in activities that could lead to reproduction.
    The point of a relationship in my opinion is to feel secure in the fact that there is someone who cares for you in a way that no one else does.

And your biggest failure is thinking that every single man agrees with you on this. Again, the point of a relationship changes from person to person, but I think you'll find that a lot of women find people who think that a relationship is for "Sex on tap" disgusting.
    Again you are failing to understand the reasoning behind the sub-concious actions we take. You can't choose who you're attracted to, and you will naturally use the way you have evolved to decide whether they're infertile or not, not by someone telling you they are.

Also concerning what I've bolded, why do you think it is important to us that there is someone who cares for you in a way that no one else does? I'm sure this applies more heavily to a girl and her boyfriend.
    The girl wants a person of the opposite sex who can protect them, that person is no good if he's out protecting someone else, so a relationship is just the females biological need to feel secure. Feelings of attachment and longing to be with someone is just we way we have evolved to stick with people who are likely to protect us, and produce good offspring. Why else does it matter if your partner is big, strong, good looking?

I'm afraid all men, deep down, do agree with me on this. If not they are attempting to appear sympathetic to the female point of view, for again the deep down male reasons they want to.

ReputationRep:
    i would say get in!

(Original post by Antonia87)

A relationship without sex may as well just be a friendship - unless of course there are religious reasons involved, but there arent any here.

I fail to see how you can know your partner properly without having sex with them i.e seeing them in their most initmate and vulnerable state.

i can asure you me and my bf are way more than friends

i wouldnt want my partner to see me like that :eek:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.