Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help - does anyone else suffer from anxiety attacks/disorders? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah propranolol sucks.

I've suffered with extreme panic attacks for 7 years straight during highschool and sixthform.

I still have them, just as severe as they always were and I've recieved no help as yet, but I have heard hypnotherapy is VERY helpful. I hopefully will be having hypnotherapy soon.

Good luck.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Okay, so this morning, I had a sudden fear of dread, completely out of nowhere. Butterflies in the stomach, spaced-out feeling, agitated, tingly limbs... it went on for about an hour. And I was actually worried I was dying, even though there was no reason for me to think so.

This is the third time this has happened to me this week and I had never experienced this beforehand. After internet research, it looks like they are anxiety attacks.

My doctors surgery is not open on a saturday, otherwise I would go, so it'll have to wait till next week, but does anyone else get these? They're really scary, just hoping that its nothing more serious.
    :hugs:

I dunno if what I had/have is classed as anxiety attacks but I had loads of those symptoms throughout my undergrad (spent most of my second year shaking) and still get them from time to time. It can be pretty unnerving :console:

Hope you can get to the bottom of it and successfully learn to manage/prevent these kinda feelings soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    Really? I take propranolol and it doesn't seem to help me that much...
    stops all my shaking, stops dry mouth, stops my heart from pounding etc & must have some sort of placebo effect too because it makes me feel more confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've suffered with extreme panic attacks for 7 years straight during highschool and sixthform.

I still have them, just as severe as they always were and I've recieved no help as yet, but I have heard hypnotherapy is VERY helpful. I hopefully will be having hypnotherapy soon.

Good luck.

May I ask you whats the cause underlying your panic attacks. Any known?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.