Turn on thread page Beta

Should I not want girls to wear heels? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11 male, so not short but not tall. when i go out or its a special occasion which warrants a girl to wear heels, i feel so.. small. small, sort of intimidated and not worthy of attention. every girl appears to be the same height as me, some slightly shorter (by no more than 2 inches) and some taller. and they all seem to then give the 6ft+ guys all the attention.

thing is, in normal life outside these situations, I rarely come across girls who are my height or taller. most are several inches shorter. i know that wearing heels will make you taller (:rolleyes:) but its like every girls reaches my height and doesnt give me a second glance when I'm out. and when going out, there seems to be a much larger proportion of 6ft+ guys than in everyday life.

i wouldnt mind too much if girls did throw some attention my way. but its like they become very superficial when they wear heels and pick only the tallest guys. am i justified to feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    How big are these heels? 7 inches? They must be in more pain than you.

ReputationRep:
    Yea i guess its justified, you cant help the way you feel bout this, but at the same time, you cant tell girls not to wear heels. They can wear whatever the hell they like.

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I think you're being a bit paranoid.
    I wear heels on nights out all the time, in fact, our sixth form made it compulsory to wear heels (crazy I know) so at one point I was wearing heels nearly all the time! And I've never then switched to 6ft+ guys all of a sudden. If a girl prefers really tall guys, she's going to prefer them whether she's in heels or not. Whereas if she doesn't mind smaller guys then that won't change either. I'm 5"4 so in heels I can be anything from 5"6 to 5"9, and the guy I was with was 5"8 - never bothered me.

ReputationRep:
    you bang on a pair?

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean OP. As if girls don't put on enough pressure for tall guys, they have to make it even harder by artificially making themselves taller.

ReputationRep:
    You're reading way too much into this. It's all in your head, 5'11 is not short. They're probably not paying you much attention because you're creepy/weird/ugly/look moody/any number of other things. It has nothing to do with girls' putting on heels and thinking "HAHA NOW I HAVE THESE HEELS I AM ALL POWERFUL AND NO LONGER INTERESTED IN PUNY UNDER 6FT GUYS".

ReputationRep:
    I think your over reacting/being a bit paranoid about it really.
    Your not exactly small for a guy, if I'm right that 5ft 9 is the average.

Throwing on a pair of heels doesn't automatically change a girls personality or change who she'd be attracted to.

ReputationRep:
    5'11'' is tall!

And if they are paying attention to other guys its because they're *****es.

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP has a point, girls like guys who are big and tall, and taller than them. When they put on heels they become taller, and then guys who would had before seemed tall and attractive, are now the same height if not smaller. It would be natural for them to then find the taller guys more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls are about 5'8 with heels on. Not sure what you're talking about. Besides, if you want to level it, get some height increasing insoles for special occasions to bring you to the 6ft+ you covet so.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think maybe you are going out to the wrong sort of clubs for your look/personality

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.