Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Festina lente)
    Oooh. I feel brave now
    It's a good idea to get measured regularly, as wearing the wrong bra is really bad for your boobs.

Yeah, I know, but I'd rather take the risk than get measured. I find it truly horrifying.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done at Debenhams, then went straight to La Senza for a refit, having not believed what Debenhams said.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go to M&S, apparently fitters at John Lewis & Debenhams are much better trained.

Also, if you go to an independent shop somewhere and have a bra fitted properly you'll know both your size and how a proper fitting bra should feel, and then you can go and do the whole trying on millions of bras in a cheaper shop thing. And if you can afford one perfectly fitted bra from them get one.

None of this is from experience by the way, too scared to get measured but read many a bra fitting thread in my time whilst trying to pluck up the courage.

ReputationRep:
    pics or gtfo...

i dont care about ur bra..its the boobs im interested in

ReputationRep:
    I had a bra fitting in La Senza a while back, and bras feel pretty perfect in what they measured me at so I can't complain really. Don't know about other M&S stores, but the ones near me require an appointment so not so great if you just want to pop in and out quickly. Then again, I don't really hear great things about M&S bra fits - House of Fraser and John Lewis are apparently good though.

Though I do love being bra fit trained for work now, having strangers poke around my boobs isn't my favourite thing in the world :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Debenhams or Bravissimo.

DO NOT GO TO LA SENZA!!! Theyre sizes are ****** and dont cater for anything higher than a C

ReputationRep:
    M&S i got it done last month hehe and it was absolutely fine, they dont even tell you to take you bra off, well the lady i had didnt tell me! I would advise you to go

ReputationRep:
    go to one far away from where you live if you're nervous - then you can be sure it won't be anyone you know!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would go to M&S to do the fitting.
    Then go to La Senza to buy the bras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete please! .....and before anyone says pics or GTFO, i'm going to let u know that no pics will be posted!

Just wondering whether anyone else gets as nervous about going for a fitting - i know that i definitely need one since my bra is really not as supportive as it should be, and have been looking online and found that my size has gone up http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/eek3.gif

I've guessed what size should fit, but i know that until you try the bra on you won't know etc. but just wondering which place is the best to get fitted at? - also - don't have much time either cos uni starts, so it has to be a place where they fit you really quickly.

Suppose all i need is some reassurance really - and just want to know whether anyone gets as nervous as i do!!

Thank you
    would you like me to come shopping with you? i wont charge but if you treat me to a dinner we'll call it even

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.