Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    As a Conservative voter I am delighted
    Stay smug while it lasts, Tory boy. The Labour Party, lead by a new generation of politicians who are well above the intellectual level of your average Tory politician, is going to crush ConDem faster than George Osborne and David Cameron can inbredly mutter the words 'deficit reduction.' I give it 2 years, maximum, before the coalition of the inbred collapses and we go to an election. At that point, the game's up.

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased that Labour has a new leader who does seem ok however I feel that David would have been a better leader at slaying the Tories because he comes across as more charismatic and charming which would gain a lot of votes because imo looks does or can play a part in elections.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Ed to win so great result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan656)
    No, more people will have more money because the money has circulated faster. The way to get money to circulate fastest is to give it to people who will spend it as soon as they can, as in the unemployed.
    Woah, hang on...

Why are you so obsessed with money swapping hands so much? Ive already said you dont increase the wealth of Britain unless money comes into the UK or you create something of wealth in the UK.

We want to increase the overall wealth of the UK, not the money swapping hands?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future_hopeful_uk)
    Woah, hang on...

Why are you so obsessed with money swapping hands so much? Ive already said you dont increase the wealth of Britain unless money comes into the UK or you create something of wealth in the UK.

We want to increase the overall wealth of the UK, not the money swapping hands?? :confused:
    It's the same thing, if I hold £10 in my bank for a year, then spend it, GDP goes up £10. If I spend it after a month, and then the business I spend it with spends it 3 months later, and their supplier spends it 3 months later then my £10 has added £30 to GDP and bothe the business I spend it with and his supplier are £10 each better off, even though there is only one £10 note going around in my little story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Stay smug while it lasts, Tory boy. The Labour Party, lead by a new generation of politicians who are well above the intellectual level of your average Tory politician, is going to crush ConDem faster than George Osborne and David Cameron can inbredly mutter the words 'deficit reduction.' I give it 2 years, maximum, before the coalition of the inbred collapses and we go to an election. At that point, the game's up.
    That's the point though. If the Coalition were to collapse, then both the Tories and Lib Dems would get slaughtered in the subsequent general election. They know this, so it will keep both parties together for the sake of self-preservation.

It seems you'll have to wait 5 years for Ed to lose an election, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same thing, if I hold £10 in my bank for a year, then spend it, GDP goes up £10. If I spend it after a month, and then the business I spend it with spends it 3 months later, and their supplier spends it 3 months later then my £10 has added £30 to GDP and bothe the business I spend it with and his supplier are £10 each better off, even though there is only one £10 note going around in my little story.
    You have ten pounds, you spend it giving to person1, then they spend it giving to person2 and they finally spend it giving to person3.

At the beginning when you spend:

You -10
    Person1 +10
    Person2 +0
    Person3 +0

At the end when person2 spends

You -10
    Person1 +0
    Person2 +0
    Person3 +10

Can you see the overall amount of wealth hasnt changed from circulating money??

All you are doing is manipulating statistics (ooo, Jacqui Smith and knife crime figures anyone?)...... you havent increased the wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Goose)
    That's the point though. If the Coalition were to collapse, then both the Tories and Lib Dems would get slaughtered in the subsequent general election. They know this, so it will keep both parties together for the sake of self-preservation.

It seems you'll have to wait 5 years for Ed to lose an election, I'm afraid.
    Tories wont get slaughtered, the Lib Dems will because their supporters arent happy with what theyve done.

Oh and Vince Cable is the biggest **** going.

ReputationRep:
    So labour has gone left and conservatives have gone slightly right...

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You have ten pounds, you spend it giving to person1, then they spend it giving to person2 and they finally spend it giving to person3.

At the beginning when you spend:

You -10
    Person1 +10
    Person2 +0
    Person3 +0

At the end when person2 spends

You -10
    Person1 +0
    Person2 +0
    Person3 +10

Can you see the overall amount of wealth hasnt changed from circulating money??

All you are doing is manipulating statistics (ooo, Jacqui Smith and knife crime figures anyone?)...... you havent increased the wealth.
    Of course I have, because I'm not just 'giving' them the money, I am exchanging it for a good or service which I consider to be worth £10 to me. So after the first stage I no longer have £10, but I have a product worth £10 (part of my wealth) and now the business has £10, but the good or product he gave to me cost less than £10 to produce and thus net wealth is lifted.

ReputationRep:
    Tories wont get slaughtered, the Lib Dems will because their supporters arent happy with what theyve done.
    A collapse in the Coalition would mean a failed Government. Who is most associated with the Government? The tories.

Their poll numbers may not be too bad at the moment (I don't know though, I never check the bloody things), but a failed Coalition would make them incredibly weak.

Oh and Vince Cable is the biggest **** going.
    Damn straight.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I have, because I'm not just 'giving' them the money, I am exchanging it for a good or service which I consider to be worth £10 to me. So after the first stage I no longer have £10, but I have a product worth £10 (part of my wealth) and now the business has £10, but the good or product he gave to me cost less than £10 to produce and thus net wealth is lifted.
    Yes which that business then spends and the next business spends, resulting in 'Person3' having +10

You have not created wealth, you have transferred it.......

You spent 10, Person3 received 10, Persons 1 and 2 spent and received 10

Net value = 0, the same as in the beginning. I already said this, you're just moving 10 pounds between different current accounts. There is still only 10 pounds in one of them at any time. If you were to sell the product you bought for 10 pounds, to someone in the UK that would be another 10 pounds transfer....

Giving people public sector jobs is the same, you're just transferring money from people by taxing them and giving it to pointless workers.

You need to sell goods/services abroad or its pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo ...no David ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    So labour has gone left and conservatives have gone slightly right...

:holmes:

Do me a favour and destroy the rangers please!

ReputationRep:
    Lets give Edinburgh 700 million pounds during a recession, because London got 2 billion for crossrail........ and Edinburgh council didnt know what to spend it on!
    Edinburgh council could use that money to revamp their shopping centre or better the transport system. That is up to Edinburgh Council to decide. If they want to hold onto the money and wait, so be it.
    I don't see the problem with giving money to Edinburgh council considering most of the money is sucked out of the rest of the UK and put into London.
    Even, David Cameron (that nasty man) has realised that actually to put the UK on the recovery road, you need to make it less London Centric.
    Labour failed to do this address a London centric UK.

ReputationRep:
    I really dont get the media's attack on the Trade Unions at all, they represent ordinary working class people, which many of their members are, so to me it just seems like the media are attacking the notion that anyone should represent the working class...which given that much of the UK is working class, seems pretty tactless and insulting, the Daily Fail and the Torygraph I understand why they hate the Unions, but whats with the BBC being so hostile towards them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    Edinburgh council could use that money to revamp their shopping centre or better the transport system. That is up to Edinburgh Council to decide. If they want to hold onto the money and wait, so be it.
    I don't see the problem with giving money to Edinburgh council considering most of the money is sucked out of the rest of the UK and put into London.
    Even, David Cameron (that nasty man) has realised that actually to put the UK on the recovery road, you need to make it less London Centric.
    Labour failed to do this address a London centric UK.
    Erm, IF Edinburgh needed the money- then give them it. Dont give them it and then see if they know what to do with it.

London is obviously important historically. But if you look at education in London, its completely crap. How many people who work in london attended a London state school? 0! Everyone working in London was educated in the home counties because they have very good private schools and grammar schools.

Pop a few grammar schools up north and you will see social inequality get better......... but hey- Ed Milliband wont have that, hes a leftie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    they represent ordinary working class people, which many of their members are
    You (not just you personally) keep using the word 'ordinary' to describe working class people. They're only ordinary because they didnt achieve anything in their lives. Its like you're trying to downplay their lack of achievement?? Everyone has an opportunity to do well in the UK, they didnt take it. You dont need a private school to succeed IF you want to succeed.

So why, when they havent achieved much, do they then deserve more than they are worth? They havent earnt the right to blackmail the country just because they have large numbers. If they dont like their job, leave it! Oh, i forgot- they didnt bother to get enough qualifications to move to another job!

ReputationRep:
    You (not just you personally) keep using the word 'ordinary' to describe working class people. They're only ordinary because they didnt achieve anymore in their lives.

So why, when they havent achieved much, do they then deserve more than they are worth? They havent earnt the right to blackmail the country just because they have large numbers. If they dont like their job, leave it! Oh, i forgot- they didnt bother to get enough qualifications to move to another job!
    I meant ordinary in terms of the fact that most people are working class, it wasnt intended as putting them down at all, most of the people I know are working class, heck my dad is working class, as is my mum.

I also mean working class as in people who work and earn the average wage or less, which is what, 90% or so of the UK population.

they arent blackmailing anyone...the Unions certainly cant do that even if they wanted too, they are giving workers a voice and representation so they can put forward there views to parties and governments

ReputationRep:
    basically, its another example of how the top 10% in addition to controlling all the wealth, now seem to control all 99% of the media too...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.