This discussion is closed.
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Me and three mates fancy going somewhere in the summer. We'll have a budget of around £300 each, but we don't have a clue where to go. On a budget like that, has anyone got any smart suggestions for places to go?
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
Me and three mates fancy going somewhere in the summer. We'll have a budget of around £300 each, but we don't have a clue where to go. On a budget like that, has anyone got any smart suggestions for places to go?
france is always good. £1200 will get you quite a nice place for a couple of weeks.

and the booze is cheaper over there
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It depends what you want out of the holiday. Four friends and I went to a 'camping barn' over christmas for two nights for £43 each - that covered accommodation, petrol, everything, even food and drink, since we bought that on the way up and split the cost between us. It wasn't glamorous but it was brilliant fun and left us lots of change for pub visits too Otherwise keep your eyes open for cheap flights - there are usually cheap returns to European destinations. Again over Christmas, some friends got return flights to Italy for £20. These are usually last-minute deals though so don't allow for much planning.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can anyone tell me how much a ticket to USA during the summer would cost? I'm thinking of saving up for a trip there..... and I'd have to set aside spending money as well...
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ibiza, absolute ****ing dump but a weeks no string sex, beer and parties... priceless. (not exactly though, cost us about 240 brick)
Cloudy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You cant go very far for £300 each... maybe spain for 5 days if your lucky... no spending money though... you could try a last of the last minute deals but I actually France by ferry staying in a youth bed and breakie is your best option for aboard... Or Cornwall or Nukey (sorry I can't spell it) is your best option

Love Cloudy
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
backpacking in italy!
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
With 300 each and a last minute deal you could get yourselves a last minute deal and youre laughing, if you kno what you want and have the days booked off in advance, you can just go in the day before and get a holiday for hundred quid tops (theyd rather sell it at a loss than not sell it at all by that stage), then youve got enough money to have a good time for the week when you go. It's what i'm planning on doing!
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thanks for the ideas guys. Definately some decent ones there. I'll give them to the group and see what they think.
SirWhale
Report 16 years ago
NEWQUAY, went there last summer with five of my mates, stayed on the sunnyside caravan park. Well good holiday, and its full of southeners so theres never any trouble. Spent about £350 for the whole holiday, spendin money n everything
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here's one you can all afford in Gran Caneria :rolleyes:

http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/tvts/...p?dealno=59640
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads