Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

As the department of Statistics published the labs group late (Friday afternoon), I did not have any chance to change anything on the same day.

Now the problem is that on Monday I have a timetable clash between Statistics (lab) and Computing Science (lab) and I've decided to go to the Statistics (lab) even they published the labs groups later. This means that I will not be able to go to the Computing Science lab on that day. Is that a problem? What should I do?

I thought to get up early on Monday and handing in the "Level 1 Lab Group Change Request Form" but will they transfer me to a different group quickly enough?

Maybe I am panicking a little bit but as I am first time at uni I do not really know how these things work. Do not really know whether I should contact (email) the computing science lab tutor and tell him/her that I will not attend his/her lab and so on ...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about Glasgow, but email them to ask for a change to one that suits you. I'd attend one of your scheduled ones then go to the next available lab for the other class. Just inform them of that if its registered etc.

ReputationRep:
    Lab attendance is usually compulsory, so you will need to change one of them. Go see the relevant person (department secretary, usually), explain your problem and say you need to change to a different time (give them one they can put you in). Do that as soon as possible on Monday morning.

If it was me, I'd do the above, go to the computing lab and then go to the stats lab that you had agreed to change to. You might need to write your name at the bottom of the register, but these things get sorted out eventually. It'd also be polite to email the person in charge of the stats lab and explain your situation, saying you won't be at that class and have arranged to move to a different one.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.