Turn on thread page Beta

How to feel confident if you're unattractive? watch

(Original post by acdunn)
    Go and hang out with a load of even more unattractive people. Instant ego-boost.
    none of the people i'd hang around with are unattractive, why else do you think i'd feel even uglier!? :p:
    (Original post by ColdWishes)
    :yep:
    This. Try a bit of mascara/eyeliner of both. Possibly a different more feminine haircut.
    i do wear a bit of makeup- eyeliner especially, because it highlights the only thing i like about myself- my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiiRainbow)
    because it highlights the only thing i like about myself- my eyes
    Maybe that's the problem, you don't really like anything about yourself.
    Maybe try standing in front of the mirror and picking other bits you like about yourself and highlighting them as well.

(Original post by ColdWishes)
    Maybe that's the problem, you don't really like anything about yourself.
    Maybe try standing in front of the mirror and picking other bits you like about yourself and highlighting them as well.
    standing in front of the mirror examining myself only ends in disaster- i think it actually makes me feel more insecure about myself... :/

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes unattractive people, like yourself, have little or no confidence while seeking to be accepted into a reletionship with a male counterpart.

However, to do this, you must be aware that tweaking your appearance is the key to achieving personal success. I suggest going to the gym (losing weight), attending confidence classes and seeking new ways of innovating your lifestyle. Often a full makeover is required such as transforming who you are as a person to meet societies expectations, and therefore achieving your ultimate goal that is acceptance.

Society is blinkered and sometimes we all have to change who we are to be accepted and become who we want to be.

Luckily for you, some men find the ginger/pale archetype attractive. You should therefore, try and build on this as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    standing in front of the mirror examining myself only ends in disaster- i think it actually makes me feel more insecure about myself... :/
    Maybe you're over analysing everything and scrutinising it under too much detail. No ones perfect but everyone has something that is beautiful about them.

Sorry for the cheesiness :p:

ReputationRep:
    i've had sex before... i'm just too unattractive to have it again (unless i pay someone :/ ]
    Lol ........ your not ugly, and you don't need to pay someone. Quit sitting inside on your own using the computer and GO OUTSIDE !!!

(Original post by Justin1265)
    Society is blinkered and sometimes we all have to change who we are to be accepted and become who we want to be.

Luckily for you, some men find the ginger/pale archetype attractive. You should therefore, try and build on this as much as possible.
    1- i don't want to be some generic, orange, ugg-wearing so and so... i want to still be different, just not unattractive
    2- i'm not ginger, and i'm actually, apparently, olive-skinned in daylight but i wish i did have pale skin and freckles

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your display picture: I think you're beautiful
    Reading your profile: I think you're interesting
    Looking at your grades: You're more intelligent than me
    If I could give you a massive cuddle I totally would
    Confidence will come in time, just keep your chin up

ReputationRep:
    1- i don't want to be some generic, orange, ugg-wearing so and so... i want to still be different, just not unattractive
    2- i'm not ginger, and i'm actually, apparently, olive-skinned in daylight but i wish i did have pale skin and freckles
    If you're not willing to make an effort and change who you are as a person then why should society accept you for who you are?

You are lacking confidence. Either (i) Build confidence in your current state through means of medication and 'stand out' and be accepted for who you really are (ii) Change yourself and be accepted, and confidence will naturally follow.

Both choices will be hard work. Life is hard.

(Original post by hazelsaurus)
    Looking at your display picture: I think you're beautiful
    Reading your profile: I think you're interesting
    Looking at your grades: You're more intelligent than me
    If I could give you a massive cuddle I totally would
    Confidence will come in time, just keep your chin up
    thankyou :o:
    i just wish that males in real life had these attitudes about me...:p:

ReputationRep:
    Drink alcohol

ReputationRep:
    By the way - ignore just about anything Justin1265 posts - I have yet to find a single constructive or positive comment by him on any topic.

And I agree with ma'am hazelsaurus - a cuddle makes anything seem better (I'm an older brother, and a touchy-feely person - I think that has impacted somewhat on the whole random cuddling etc)

ReputationRep:
    How long ago was the break up? It's understandable that you would feel a bit **** afterwards. But you're a lovely looking girl, and you're at uni now so concentrate on making friends and having fun, join some societies, work hard. Your confidence will come back in time. :yep:

(Original post by Alloram)
    By the way - ignore just about anything Justin1265 posts - I have yet to find a single constructive or positive comment by him on any topic.

And I agree with ma'am hazelsaurus - a cuddle makes anything seem better (I'm an older brother, and a touchy-feely person - I think that has impacted somewhat on the whole random cuddling etc)
    yeah... he does seem to be a tad unhelpful :p:

oh, gosh, yes. cuddles really help. sucks there isn't really anyone left to rope into for a cuddle (as they've buggered off to uni already!) but hopefully there'll be at least one person nearby at durham who's pro 'free hugs' :p:

(Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    How long ago was the break up? It's understandable that you would feel a bit **** afterwards. But you're a lovely looking girl, and you're at uni now so concentrate on making friends and having fun, join some societies, work hard. Your confidence will come back in time. :yep:
    well, he kissed her nearly 2 weeks ago, and then told me a couple of days after that. one more week, and i'll be at uni :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well, he kissed her nearly 2 weeks ago, and then told me a couple of days after that. one more week, and i'll be at uni :rolleyes:
    Well it's hardly surprising you're feeling like this then. Give yourself time to be angry/upset, you have every right to be. (Just don't let it consume your life.)
    Once you start uni you'll be surprised at how quickly you'll forget about him anyway, and you'll be your old self again.

ReputationRep:
    My fellow ginger-this is NOT the way a red head speaks of themselves. I mean re-read your post:

"i'm one of those people who are so pathetic that they need to have someone with a romantic interest in them to feel remotely confident or good about themselves."

No, no, NO! You must ooze confidence and not depend on others to make you feel good.

OP: I bet you have a wonderful personality. Reading your profile I think you are a very intriguing person (we both like wearing all black!) so chin up and smile!

(Original post by LabyrinthWonder)
    My fellow ginger-this is NOT the way a red head speaks of themselves. I mean re-read your post:

"i'm one of those people who are so pathetic that they need to have someone with a romantic interest in them to feel remotely confident or good about themselves."

No, no, NO! You must ooze confidence and not depend on others to make you feel good.

OP: I bet you have a wonderful personality. Reading your profile I think you are a very intriguing person (we both like wearing all black!) so chin up and smile!
    thanks
    oh, gosh
    i wish i was a natural redhead
    my hair colour's courtesy of lush henna :p:
    but then... before posting this thread, definitely. now, after hearing such lovely things from people, i think it's lessened a fair bit. but it's having someone show romantic interest that proves to me i'm not as ugly as i think

ReputationRep:
    surely you're some sort of troll? :p:
    on a side note though... speaking of ron weasley... i have had the most enormous thing for rupert grint for at least about 8 years!
    no troll OP, you are one hot girl, it is a fact that all boys love ginger girls

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    oh, gosh
    i wish i was a natural redhead
    my hair colour's courtesy of lush henna :p:
    but then... before posting this thread, definitely. now, after hearing such lovely things from people, i think it's lessened a fair bit. but it's having someone show romantic interest that proves to me i'm not as ugly as i think
    Your secrets safe with me!

Seriously though, learn to love yourself a bit more. People who show you romantic interest just solely based on your looks are not the right person for you or anyone.

Real romantic interest is gained by personality, and sure looks help a lot, and I think you would prefer the genuine romantic interest, don't you?

(Original post by sarsi)
    no troll OP, you are one hot girl, it is a fact that all boys love ginger girls

would it make an unbelievable difference if i wasn't a natural redhead? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.