Turn on thread page Beta

birthday gift ideas - for a girl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Right so I'm a guy and I have a friend (female) who means the world to me (to put it simply ) and it's her birthday soon. I want to give her something original, from me, that she can really value.

Earlier this year there was another friend's birthday and she's a christian so I made her a wooden cross in a stand (about 10cm tall) and painted and varnished it and she absolutely loved it.

So I want to make something out of wood and do the same thing this time around (different friend though).

Any ideas on what I should make? Preferably the same sort of size.

Thanks
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    How about a jewellery box? You could put a secret compartment in it

ReputationRep:
    Jewellery box is a good idea.
    Picture frame with a photo of you both in it
    A bracelet or ring
    Wooden ashtray if she smokes...

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your replies all good ideas but unfortunately I don't have many tools or bits of equipment. Pretty much limited to a saw, some screws/nails and old bits of wood that my dad keeps at the back of the garage! :rolleyes:

I thought about doing a sort of pendant thing?

If so, what shape do you think?

ReputationRep:
    jizz n a cup

plz neg me

(Original post by Neotinea)
    thanks for your replies all good ideas but unfortunately I don't have many tools or bits of equipment. Pretty much limited to a saw, some screws/nails and old bits of wood that my dad keeps at the back of the garage! :rolleyes:

I thought about doing a sort of pendant thing?

If so, what shape do you think?
    a heart'd be sweet

ReputationRep:
    does she have like a favourite animal or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiiRainbow)
    a heart'd be sweet
    i like that idea :yep: although I don't want her to take it the wrong way. Hmm...

(Original post by Neotinea)
    i like that idea :yep: although I don't want her to take it the wrong way. Hmm...
    you implied you had a more than platonic thing for her. then you can subtly suggest it, but even without those undertones, it's still lovely!

ReputationRep:
    You could make some square bangles and have a crack at engraving them with a nice pattern? Doesn't take much skill to make squares, and engraving/etching wood is fairly easy if you practise on some scrap wood first.

Or you could make a picture frame? Thin sheet of wood with a decorated border sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    concert tickets? memories last a lifetime, all the rest are just material posessions

ReputationRep:
    A jigsaw piece?
    or first letter of her name?

ReputationRep:
    great ideas thank you

ReputationRep:
    Why not a star if you can do it with what you've got?

ReputationRep:
    tbh jewellery doesn't ever really go amiss, with me anyway!

ReputationRep:
    what do people think about a mobile? Like a circle with all those things hanging down? Heart, star, first letter of her name...?

ReputationRep:
    or maybe just a star pendant..

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.