Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I currently work at hollister and its really good because its super flexible etc but i've been working there for over a year and was thinking of moving on.. so i went for an interview at All Saints and got it.. Now i'm not sure whether to accept?!!?

All Saints pay is 25p less then hollister (not much difference, but still!) the hours are not flexible, I'd be working 2 long days (8/9 hour shifts which is so different to my flexible 5/6 hour shifts!) HOWEVER, one thing i like is that you get £400 of free uniform and 50% discount.. and i like all saints clothes more..

should I take the job? does anyone know if all saints is a nice place to work in?

Also, in terms of uniform, what if I was to work there and then decided to leave after a month or something.. would I have to pay back the uniform? How does it work? I don't really want to ask the manager that as it sounds dodgy! lol

ReputationRep:
    I know somebody who works there and she said that its really *****y. I think with the uniform thing they might not let you use the allowance all at once, or even straight away, otherwise they would probably get people doing that all the time.

ReputationRep:
    £400 doesn't really buy that much; it seems odd that you'd consider taking a job there that pays less and is inflexible just for that and a 50% discount. It's not as if All Saints is horribly expensive anyway, i'd say stick at what you're doing now and just buy the clothes you like with the money from that.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it. When you apply for jobs in the future you might get asked why you left each of your jobs to go to another. 'For the uniform allowance' doesn't sound like a brilliant reason. Plus, as aspiringlawstudent said, look at the downsides.

ReputationRep:
    what did you end up doing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.