Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyz,

What is the ideal set/rep range for weighlifting exercise. Not looking to get too huge, more to define/solidfy what I have while gaining some strength:

Options:
    5x5
    3x8
    3x10

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you change between each option after every month. Thats a better solution.

ReputationRep:
    1-3 reps is Power
    3-6 reps is Strength
    6-8 reps is Strength with some Hypertrophy
    8-12 reps is Hypertrophy
    12+ is Endurance

ReputationRep:
    200 reps, 2 kilo dumbbells.

ReputationRep:
    8.642234234 sets of 6.243542523884 sets is ideal. You will not achieve any results until you do this exact number of sets and reps. Also you are required to recite the alphabet backwards whilst doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimaland)
    Heyz,

What is the ideal set/rep range for weighlifting exercise. Not looking to get too huge, more to define/solidfy what I have while gaining some strength:

Options:
    5x5
    3x8
    3x10

Thanks
    5x5 and keep the routine simple.

ReputationRep:
    One set to failure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piszczel)
    8.642234234 sets of 6.243542523884 sets is ideal. You will not achieve any results until you do this exact number of sets and reps. Also you are required to recite the alphabet backwards whilst doing it
    God forbid if this guy got the sets & reps confused. 8.642234234 reps would deadly.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not search? - There have been loads of threads like this.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was hoping not to get too big hence my reluctance to stick with 5x5 and move on to 3x8 to get some definition in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimaland)
    Well, I was hoping not to get too big hence my reluctance to stick with 5x5 and move on to 3x8 to get some definition in
    Nobody ever got "too big" without putting tonnes of effort in. It's not the kind of thing that you can do by accident. In any case, levels of definition will be determined by your diet, not some magical rep range.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.