Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone should know about this! It's a beautiful idea. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Operation Beautiful :bubbles:

Goal ~ To stop people feeling and saying negative things about themselves.

It's simple: Write a motivating note on a post-it and put it up in a public place – a bathroom mirror, inside a diet book, or even on a random car’s windshield. You can write the website http://operationbeautiful.com/
    on the bottom so other people can find the site!

Click on the website link to find out more about it, and here's a video that always makes me fill-up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqOEP...layer_embedded

I've been posting notes for months now, and the feeling when you walk away is just amazing. It feels like you're floating. Sitting down to create lovely, inspirational notes to boost other people's confidence, is as beneficial for you as it is the lucky person who finds them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get how people can find it inspirational if it the note isn't personally for them.

ReputationRep:
    I just threw up.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes do the opposite by writing demotivational annotations in maths textbooks, like 'don't even bother trying, this is impossible' and 'you know you'll never be good enough to do this'

ReputationRep:
    I saw you post this in another thread earlier, and also had a look at that site. Does sound like a lovely idea, even if it is a little cheesy. I may try it out, thanks

ReputationRep:
    And I'm sorry but that video?
    "50% of girls would rather be hit by a truck than be fat".

I would like to know their sources, please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieKate)
    I just threw up.
    ^ This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I sometimes do the opposite by writing demotivational annotations in maths textbooks, like 'don't even bother trying, this is impossible' and 'you know you'll never be good enough to do this'
    :rofl:

Brilliant username as well might i say, i don't suppose it's a reference to wallace and grommit?

ReputationRep:
    I like this one

and the rest done by the girls above

but the rest are just...........cheesy?

ReputationRep:
    What a mental idea. Thanks, but I think I'll stick to my crippling black hole of self-pity and loathing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    Operation Beautiful :bubbles:

Goal ~ To stop people feeling and saying negative things about themselves.

It's simple: Write a motivating note on a post-it and put it up in a public place – a bathroom mirror, inside a diet book, or even on a random car’s windshield. You can write the website http://operationbeautiful.com/
    on the bottom so other people can find the site!

Click on the website link to find out more about it, and here's a video that always makes me fill-up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqOEP...layer_embedded

I've been posting notes for months now, and the feeling when you walk away is just amazing. It feels like you're floating. Sitting down to create lovely, inspirational notes to boost other people's confidence, is as beneficial for you as it is the lucky person who finds them.
    I don't get it. What's the point of bringing people's hopes up and lying to them? Might as well all start taking heroin if we're going to ignore reality.

ReputationRep:
    Nice idea. But I think I'd prefer to find a postsecret card than an inspirational note.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocothunder)
    What a mental idea. Thanks, but I think I'll stick to my crippling black hole of self-pity and loathing.
    My life is a black abyss...

And I like it that way, so don't anybody try and motivate me into liking myself :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I actually really like this idea and I might try it out myself around college

Thanks for sharing the idea and link!

ReputationRep:
    I dont get this either... Like what if you put a note on a windscreen saying 'Your hair is amazing' or something (I dont know xD)

And then the owner comes back 2 hours later from a chemotherapy session...

That would seem like a sick joke right?

ReputationRep:
    Hippy nonsense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccy94)
    I actually really like this idea and I might try it out myself around college

Thanks for sharing the idea and link!
    I'm really glad I've inspired someone else to try it, it's a really rewarding way to spend your time.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww what a lovely idea

We need more cheesiness in the world :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    Is this how people that got married at 19 spice up their lives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    Is this how people that got married at 19 spice up their lives?
    I was 18 actually

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.