Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone should know about this! It's a beautiful idea. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    I was 18 actually
    Answer the question, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I sometimes do the opposite by writing demotivational annotations in maths textbooks, like 'don't even bother trying, this is impossible' and 'you know you'll never be good enough to do this'
    pahaha :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Eww. I think if it got to the point where a stranger was giving me an ego boost I'd be in serious trouble.

(Original post by thejonsmith)
    Is this how people that got married at 19 spice up their lives?
    FFS Jon. Think positively.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I sometimes do the opposite by writing demotivational annotations in maths textbooks, like 'don't even bother trying, this is impossible' and 'you know you'll never be good enough to do this'
    :rofl: I blame you for doing so badly in maths! I once found the message
    'Why bother doing this? It is a waste of your time' scribbled at the back of a text book I borrowed and I must have subconsciously been influenced by it. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulpio)
    I dont get this either... Like what if you put a note on a windscreen saying 'Your hair is amazing' or something (I dont know xD)

And then the owner comes back 2 hours later from a chemotherapy session...

That would seem like a sick joke right?
    Totally

ReputationRep:
    if i saw one of those on the mirror in a public toilet i'd be like ... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a lovely idea

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there something like this already, where you stick things to someone car, and ruin their day and enrage them?

I think it's called something like a 'parking ticket'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd4483)
    I don't really get how people can find it inspirational if it the note isn't personally for them.
    It some ways it's more inspirational because it shows that someone has taken the time to give that message to someone, and it obviously isn't just a friend being nice because they know what you want to hear.

ReputationRep:
    People post stuff about this on the www.givesmehope.com website quite a lot. It obviously works for some people, but it wouldn't work for me, because I know that the person who stuck it up there doesn't know who I am or what I look like, so it isn't personal. How would they know if I'm beautiful or not when they've never seen me before?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure if i saw a post it note like that when feeling sad it'd brighten my day.
    Obviously it's not going to bring anyone out of depression, but little things help for those random low moments. I like it

ReputationRep:

um, the person who did this needs to get a life.

ReputationRep:
    I really like it, thanks for sharing OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    I really like it, thanks for sharing OP.
    No problem, I hoped at least a few people would get something from it

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people on tsr are waaaay too cynical. I think it sounds like a great idea - random 'niceness' is rare nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer demotivational stuff.
    When I was a kid we tagged the coroner's front door with '' How does it feel knowing you'll join your clients?'' xD .

ReputationRep:
    Fake and Gay.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulpio)
    I dont get this either... Like what if you put a note on a windscreen saying 'Your hair is amazing' or something (I dont know xD)

And then the owner comes back 2 hours later from a chemotherapy session...

That would seem like a sick joke right?
    This is probably wrong, but I actually lol'd :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer put-pocketing.
    Where you slip fivers into peoples bags and coat pockets rather than stealing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.