Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being one of those girls who hardly gets much male attention... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can relate OP. Nearly 18 and never had a boyfriend. Same as you, I'm not exactly fat, have an alright body, not bad face but the nasty and ugly girls get all the lads, f*cks sake. Once i went into college with this really low cut revealing top (seriously if any more would have been on show I would have got done for indecent exposure) and I still got no attention. FML.

ReputationRep:
    Any girls wana add me on msn, pm me....NOW!

(Original post by Stefan1991)
    Have sex with a few guys, it'll boost your confidence in your looks and you will feel sexually attractive again. It's really not hard for girls so I don't know what you're moaning about, all you have to do is let the guy know you're up for it, and then do it.
    I really don't like the idea of casual sex, so I'd like to avoid it. Sex in relationships only for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

These kinds of threads always make me laugh when posted by women.

You say you don't get much attention ........ but whats betting you don't give guys any attention either. Its a two way street.

Whats betting you've probably NEVER approached a guy. Whats betting that you completely IGNORE every guy you pass on the street.

Can i ask, how have you acheived anything in your life? You found out about it, set your goals, and worked towards it right. But ALL your achievements required some form of ACTION.

So why is it, that when it comes to dating, women all of a sudden think completely ignoring guys will get hordes or rich, tall, good looking men lining up in from of them so that the woman in question can choose one? I simply don't get womens mentality on this issue.

Just smile, make eye contact with the random guys on the street, open your mouth, say Hi ....... it really isn't rocket science you know.

ukguy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really don't like the idea of casual sex, so I'd like to avoid it. Sex in relationships only for me.
    You are never going to get a relationship with that attitude, obviously you are unaware of what guys want in a girl.

(Original post by JustAnotherCliche)
    I can relate OP. Nearly 18 and never had a boyfriend. Same as you, I'm not exactly fat, have an alright body, not bad face but the nasty and ugly girls get all the lads, f*cks sake. Once i went into college with this really low cut revealing top (seriously if any more would have been on show I would have got done for indecent exposure) and I still got no attention. FML.
    This exactly. I hate how the really *****y girls get boyfriends easily, yet I'd like to think I'm a fairly nice person, but still no attention .

:hugs: for unfairness

(Original post by UKguy29)
    Hi

These kinds of threads always make me laugh when posted by women.

You say you don't get much attention ........ but whats betting you don't give guys any attention either. Its a two way street.

Whats betting you've probably NEVER approached a guy. Whats betting that you completely IGNORE every guy you pass on the street.

Can i ask, how have you acheived anything in your life? You found out about it, set your goals, and worked towards it right. But ALL your achievements required some form of ACTION.

So why is it, that when it comes to dating, women all of a sudden think completely ignoring guys will get hordes or rich, tall, good looking men lining up in from of them so that the woman in question can choose one? I simply don't get womens mentality on this issue.

ukguy
    You're right tbh. I'm just too shy to approach though . What's the best way of going about this? How do I know a guy's interested, without making a fool of myself? :erm:

(Original post by Stefan1991)
    You are never going to get a relationship with that attitude, obviously you are unaware of what guys want in a girl.
    Huh what? Surely there are some guys who also only want sex in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Oh no, sweetie. Girls don't have maggots. I think you've been fxcking the wrong thing..
    yeh, um, what are u stupid or what? i just said shes prob not even a girl that y im sayin check... cos shes not gettin hit at... all girls be gettin hit at

ReputationRep:
    so if she not gettin hit at, she betta check see if she gots a maggit down there

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of these girls (18 years old), and it gets kinda depressing at times. Yes, I know the whole "you're young, you've got time" stuff, but still, when you've been single for 2 and a half years, and hardly ever get hit on, you start to think there's something wrong with you, right? Well, that's how I feel anyway . I'm forever wondering if I'll ever lose my virginity, if I'll ever kiss another guy, fall in love, have a proper relationship. Also, the fact that I am slim and wear makeup and do my hair nicely doesn't help at all, in fact fat girls are getting boyfriends more easily than me (which is why fat hate confuses in the media and this site) :sad:. I mean, what a **** has a girl got to do? :emo:

Anyway, I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there like this? And if so, how did you deal with it? Also, is there anyone who used to be like this, but suddenly started getting more attention? If so, what changed?
    If you like the look of someone why not go and approach them instead of waiting for somebody to approach you?

(Original post by the writer)
    so if she not gettin hit at, she betta check see if she gots a maggit down there
    Sorry, but you sound like such a retard. Who the hell says maggit? :lolwut:
    And yes I am a fricking girl ffs

(Original post by evantej)
    If you like the look of someone why not go and approach them instead of waiting for somebody to approach you?
    I'm just too shy to approach though . What's the best way of going about this? How do I know a guy's interested, without making a fool of myself?

ReputationRep:
    prove it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the writer)
    yeh, um, what are u stupid or what? i just said shes prob not even a girl that y im sayin check... cos shes not gettin hit at... all girls be gettin hit at
    You don't get out much, do you..

ReputationRep:
    thats what im sayin how can u be sure ure a girl unless u check? prove it? else u would be getin hit at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    It is about giving it time, but if you're giving it time and not meeting anybody then you're not going to find anyone who thinks you're awesome. You have to try to meet new people, it's only by doing that that you have the chance to meet someone who you can be with!

Also forget about male attention and try to be more pro-active..if there's a guy you like, go out on a limb and make it obvious you like him, or ask him out or something... don't just wait for something to happen to you, you have to take control, take life by the scruff of the neck, and ride it like a horse. Or something.
    I'm going to rep you for these wise words!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    This exactly. I hate how the really *****y girls get boyfriends easily, yet I'd like to think I'm a fairly nice person, but still no attention .

:hugs: for unfairness
    *sigh* It's not just the fact that they get a boyfriend it's also that they always have a boyfriend. Even though they are nasty and spiteful they split up with a boy and a week later they have another relationship, where the hell is karma? Meh I've turned this into a bithching session ooops.

Hugs for you too :hugs:

Also, the fact that I am slim and wear makeup and do my hair nicely doesn't help at all, in fact fat girls are getting boyfriends more easily than me (which is why fat hate confuses in the media and this site) :sad:. I mean, what a **** has a girl got to do? :emo:
    hey OP
    I feel same as you too, and also think the same about the whole fat people thing (I'm not 'skinny' myself but definitely on the slimmer side and tall-ish), not that they are less desrving but that it just doesn't make sense...

I've had one boyfriend but he was truly a complete and utter **** who later perved on my sister after I broke up with him. I am not joking. He also completely tried to make me change my style, hair everything after we started going out after he said that he 'liked my individuality =/' so basically from that all I learnt was if your gonna be with someone...better to be with someone who 1. respects you, 2. you can talk to and be listened to, 3. is not a compulsive guilt tripping liar.
    Since that nothings gone on and i'm sort of feeling same as you op =(

I do have quite a few 'guys as friends' though (finding them easier to talk to in a matey type way than girls for some reason) so you could start there, as often if they are alright looking and there is some real banter going on between you sparks can happen often easier than having just been asked out of the blue!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just too shy to approach though . What's the best way of going about this? How do I know a guy's interested, without making a fool of myself?
    I hope you see that it is unfair that you complain about not receiving attention. Nevertheless, the issue is not knowing whether a guy is interested (it is fairly obvious for most people to spot), but letting a guy know that you are interested in him. As unbearable as it may sound, the best way is to communicate: physically and verbally. Sit close and touch them. Talk to them and spend as much time with them as possible; you know someone is interested if they are sitting up until 3am in the morning chatting nonsense on MSN! :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.